Roberto Martínez a simple yes or no

Will you have Martínez back?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Us appointing Martinez again. Would be like the reds giving Hodgson the job again after Klopp . Can you imagine the outcry from the reds in the media, that James Pearce would go after FSG even if they’ve won trophies lately. That’s the difference unfortunately.

I doubt the club/kenwright get any criticism from the likes of Kirkbride, O’keefe, Boyland , Adam Jones, McNulty if that clown gets the job again.

No, definition of madness getting Roberto back again.

Nice enough fella but if we get old bobby brown shoes back then we are well and truly back in the mire

That poll is about as resounding a ‘no’ as you can get given the amount of weirdos who vote in our polls with ‘new accounts’ etc.

I spent a morning feeling good about Benitez being out but now I won’t be comfortable until I know who’s coming in. At first hearing this rumour I just smiled and thought ‘that’s clearly nonsense’ but then thought that that was exactly how I felt when the Benitez rumours started in the summer…

Just the idea that anyone at the club wants Martinez back fills me with despair. I’ve always instinctively defended Kenwright (and he must be behind this) against his critics who seemed to take against him either because he wasn’t rich enough, or because he tended to be theatrically sentimental. But this is nuts, totally lacking in any kind of reasonable judgement or logic. Why be so divisive? What was he watching or thinking while Martinez in year 2 and 3 presided over increasingly embarrassingly gutless performances and disjointed tactics? Has he forgotten all about those performances at Leicester and Sunderland? Or at Anfield? Niasse? Alcatraz? Does he not care at all what the vast majority of fans are telling him about this plan? Even if it doesn’t come off (and I desperately hope it doesn’t) the fact the club could even entertain the idea suggests their judgement is tragically nonexistent and gives us no cause for optimism. And if Martinez wants to come back, he’s even more arrogant and self deluding than I thought. What a mess. How far we have fallen.

Just the idea that anyone at the club wants Martinez back fills me with despair. I’ve always instinctively defended Kenwright (and he must be behind this) against his critics who seemed to take against him either because he wasn’t rich enough, or because he tended to be theatrically sentimental. But this is nuts, totally lacking in any kind of reasonable judgement or logic. Why be so divisive? What was he watching or thinking while Martinez in year 2 and 3 presided over increasingly embarrassingly gutless performances and disjointed tactics? Has he forgotten all about those performances at Leicester and Sunderland? Or at Anfield? Niasse? Alcatraz? Does he not care at all what the vast majority of fans are telling him about this plan? Even if it doesn’t come off (and I desperately hope it doesn’t) the fact the club could even entertain the idea suggests their judgement is tragically nonexistent and gives us no cause for optimism. And if Martinez wants to come back, he’s even more arrogant and self deluding than I thought. What a mess. How far we have fallen.
If you remember how bad the player is, can you also remember how much we gave him to spend? At least, we sell Lukaku for around 90M and cover most of the cost of his deadwood. He did not give good memory at the last but please be fair compared with his following managers he is not really bad as you think.

If you remember how bad the player is, can you also remember how much we gave him to spend? At least, we sell Lukaku for around 90M and cover most of the cost of his deadwood. He did not give good memory at the last but please be fair compared with his following managers he is not really bad as you think.
Being not as bad as you think is not a good argument to make him our no 1 choice. Why risk it? Why follow a massively provocative, divisive appointment with another? It’s wilful self-sabotage.

Would you not have thought Everton would have sounded out the Belgium FA before announcing that Martinez was our top target ? Just a thought. But remember according to Bill, every Boardroom asks the question, what would Everton do, so embarrassing. Not that I wanted Martinez, especially with our fragile defence and the fire predicament we find ourselves in.

You are Martinez, where do I collect my winnings?

Being not as bad as you think is not a good argument to make him our no 1 choice. Why risk it? Why follow a massively provocative, divisive appointment with another? It’s wilful self-sabotage.
Everything has a risk and even we appoint Big Dunc. It is also a risk to give a lack of managing experience person to improve the poor running. Passion cannot solve the problem. Actually, I dont care who will be but I hope our fans would support who ever will be. The manager cannot solve everything immediately especially the current situation. I wish we can all support the team even we are in the Championship next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.