Roberto Martínez a simple yes or no

Will you have Martínez back?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil being completely stunned by the Lukaku off the right system that had been used several times by Martinez and had destroyed Arsenal in the past. Brazil lost that game by being totally tactically naive. The manager had obviously not done his homework.
And yet they still didn't really allow Belgium a real chance and missed about 10 of their own. The system didn't work. Fernandinho scored a ridiculous OG, KdB scored a screamer and Courtois made about 9 saves. That's not management.

Massive Nope. His first season was only as good as it was because of the work Moyes had done, then he tanked the team and had no answers to issues he faced or calls to change his game plan. Honestly, it’ll probably kill any love I’ve got for the game anymore.

Utter madness while their at why not bring his mate Graeme Jones back to shout instructions at corners
The thought of working again for someone who sacked you taking away your dignity and self worth is unthinkable

I could only accept Martinez if a defence and set piece coaches were mandated, plus a DoF to oversee transfers.

Those were his failure areas.

He's already bottled it with Belgium. And we're going to bring him back because of it.

He's had one even passable result and the big win in that tournament was not about tactics at all. Courtois and KDB being brilliant and a healthy slice of luck saw them through.
The comeback against Japan in 2018 probably saved his job. And that was achieved through pure Martinez sin miedo football.

I'm kidding of course. He threw Fellaini on and got the whole team to launch it up the pitch.

He's such a jarg manager. If he joins I hope the bedsheet lads haven't run out of linen.

They do this I'm really struggling to support this club, Benitez has sickened me for months then they throw another insult at us. There's no plan no vision, just an absolute clown show!!!

And yet they still didn't really allow Belgium a real chance and missed about 10 of their own. The system didn't work. Fernandinho scored a ridiculous OG, KdB scored a screamer and Courtois made about 9 saves. That's not management.

I thought Brazil were a mess tactically at that game. It's like they couldn't believe he put Lukaku out wide.

NO
is anything simple though

i would have loved to see him with better coaches around him, better players, and some more money...but he's definitely not the right person NOW for the mess we are in, because Moshiri and we won't give him a 3 year building project to work with, and he's not the right person with the players, crisis, staff etc that we have now

1642430301547.png

Not really sure they do anymore. They still have De Bruyne and Lukaku at their peaks but Eden Hazard is a ghost of a player these days whilst hugely imperative figures over the last few tournaments like Kompany, Fellaini, Alderweireld and Vertonghen along with several others have either retired or are completely past their best.

He might be seriously concerned about going there with a declining team that could very well lose to the first decent side they come up against, or struggle in a group of death. An early exit would be the death knell in Belgium's 'Golden Generation' and would be dreadful for his scantly deserved reputation.

I honestly think he'd run here now if we offered it to him - I just hope to God we don't give him a decision to make.
Good thoughts and if the pay packet warrants a big increase who wouldn't come. I just don't think he is a good fit for us in the plight we have ourselves in. I see him a little more attack minded than Benitez but woeful at the back and the zonal marking thing does my head in we will still be susceptible to corners and free kicks nothing will change there as our lineup doesn't have any strong cb's except Mina who may stay healthy one third of the time. Keane and Holgate are just dire. I wouldn't care if they ever wear a blue shirt again. Choices are slim at the moment and we have no money. Miracle is needed after last Saturday putting everything into perspective. Who would ever thought we would lose that game. The balloon has burst and answers are few.

The comeback against Japan in 2018 probably saved his job. And that was achieved through pure Martinez sin miedo football.

I'm kidding of course. He threw Fellaini on and got the whole team to launch it up the pitch.

He's such a jarg manager. If he joins I hope the bedsheet lads haven't run out of linen.
That was funny as hell - saved his skin playing pure alehouse football. Send it long to Feli and get on them knockdowns Rom lad.

tbf to the guy at least he changed his tactics, even if it was out of blind panic. Benitez would rather lose 6 nowt and be 'right' then squeak a 1-0 and be 'wrong'.

Status
Not open for further replies.