Ripple effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowste

Player Valuation: £30m
I know we have had many threads over booing and the rights and wrongs of it, but wanted to add a twist.

One area that concerns me is the constant abuse that YOUNG Barkley is receiving, this abuse for me is totally out of order. It is not just this that concerns me, it is the ongoing threat of what it may cause moving forward. At some point Barkley may just sit there and say enough is enough, and he may look at moving to another club.....and all because of this section of boo boys.
The ripple effect is that when we look at our academy and think who us the next hope coming through, are they going to be the confident kid they should be, or are they going to look at the abuse Barkley received and go into a shell when given the opportunity. Also if we look further into the academy will it hamper our search for young players, as will some parents/agents look for other clubs for their kids as they know what could be in store for them.
As a club we should encourage our home grown players to flourish, as supporters we should support them 100%, and be patient whilst they grow.
If we don't do this this ripple effect will get stronger, and all that happens is we all suffer
Just a thought

I don't think he'll take it like that, as I believe that as a group the players know the score of why the crowd is the way it is.

If he is affected by it in the way you describe, he's got a "touch of the Rodwells" about him and will never have the mentality to be a top player.

The very best players know themselves when they're not good enough and understand deep down why the crowd are on their backs. The very best react to that positively.

Barkley is in a slump, and in my view he's deserving the criticism, but I think he'll spark into life in the next 12 to 18 months and go on to be one of the very best midfielders we've ever seen.

I don't think he'll take it like that, as I believe that as a group the players know the score of why the crowd is the way it is.

If he is affected by it in the way you describe, he's got a "touch of the Rodwells" about him and will never have the mentality to be a top player.

The very best players know themselves when they're not good enough and understand deep down why the crowd are on their backs. The very best react to that positively.

Barkley is in a slump, and in my view he's deserving the criticism, but I think he'll spark into life in the next 12 to 18 months and go on to be one of the very best midfielders we've ever seen.
Agree with this almost 100%.

Barkley needs to use the criticism to grow, not sulk. He does have exquisite talent, it just needs unlocking and the only one holding him back is himself right now.

Agree with this almost 100%.

Barkley needs to use the criticism to grow, not sulk. He does have exquisite talent, it just needs unlocking and the only one holding him back is himself right now.

Indeed.

Speaking of the so-called "Ripple Effect", again that won't happen. The very best to come through will take the expectancy of high standards as a challenge and rise to it. They aren't aiming to play for Wrexham; they're aiming to play in one of the toughest leagues in the world for a top team. If you aren't making the grade, you should expect to be called out for it.

Indeed.

Speaking of the so-called "Ripple Effect", again that won't happen. The very best to come through will take the expectancy of high standards as a challenge and rise to it. They aren't aiming to play for Wrexham; they're aiming to play in one of the toughest leagues in the world for a top team. If you aren't making the grade, you should expect to be called out for it.
Exactly.

Garbutt isn't complaining and has had a few shaky starts/periods and come through them strongly. Get him signed up ASAP.

The 'Ripple Effect', if it does exist, can obviously work both ways - how many will see our youngsters getting the game time and want to try and join in?

Apparently Ronaldo thought of leaving Madrid when they booed him.

However lets be honest. Barkley isn't going to stay at Everton because of the love of the fans. He will stay while it makes career sense for him to stay and also for friends and mentors. Maybe in 5 years if he was our captain and we had shown him consistent love for all those years and he had won things it might make him think twice.

Ronaldo stayed.

Poor Ross, I think we should all line up and apologise to him, we aren't worthy of his stellar performances this year.

Personally don't know why so many are of the same opinion, but nevertheless - how come?

A few reasons mate.

Bigger clubs will want them for a start. United need a right back, and I can't think of a better one than Coleman. Arsenal are really crying out for McCarthy in their midfield.

It's mainly them two I can see going.

And Mirallas but that's obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.