2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
….ha, ha, but he has enough technical ability to play regularly as a striker for Brazil. 14 goals in 36 games for Brazil, Jesus has 19 in 56.

Richarlison might not do step-overs, he might not look fancy but he’s uncomplicated and very effective. He’d be terrific for City & I stand by what I said, he‘d be better for them than Grealish.

Why is his goal record for Brazil, scoring in friendlies and against the likes of Panama, Qatar, Peru and Ecuador, more relevant than his goal record over the last few years in the best league in the world?

People use that record to suggest it is clear he would be prolific in a better team, but he’s only managed 10 goals a season across the last 3 years playing against the best teams.

I`ve never been taken in by these players, they are all the same these days, if Richarlison is contemplating a move to Arsenal or Spurs that just shows he is like every other mercenary footballer in the Premier League.

Last edited:

We all now due to our financial position either Richy or DCL would be sold. Naturally the deadwood on big wages should be first out of the door, but we can’t get buyers for them. Out of the two I’d rather keep Richarlison and I think Lampard would go. The lad is a tireless worker for the team, gives his all every game and loves the fans and the club.

Jesus has not scored as many goals against Peru as Richarlison has, he is obviously not as good.

This thread reminds me of the Barkley one when he was here. People suggesting he was as good as Lampard and Gerrard at 23 because his stats were similar and anyone that correctly said he was nowhere near that level got rounded on by the mob. Apparently suggesting Richarlison isn’t at the level of Man City or Real Madrid is some sort of sacrilege, as if you’ve just called him a League 2 dosser or something.

It’s fine to say he’s one of our best players, but he isn’t this world beater that would walk into all the best teams in the world. He is a very flawed player. The unfortunate reality is that everyone outside of our fanbase can see that as well. We often want our players to be much better than they are, and invariably end up pretending they are.

I`ve never been taken in by these players, they are all the same these days, if Richarlison is contemplating a move to Arsenal or Spurs that just shows he is like ever other mercenary footballer in the Premier League.
Arsenal - yes. But Spurs are in the champions league. I’d rather he went abroad but joining Spurs would be a footballing decision. The chance to play alongside Kane and Son would be an attractive one for any player.

Not really too bothered if he goes, will miss his work rate but the team needs investment and if he has to go to fund it, so be it. Will wish him all the best

Some people seem to have real issue and can't accept that players come and go in football

People still hate Lukaku for leaving to one of the biggest 3 clubs in the world at the time got an enormous fee and wage... just is what it is

Not really too bothered if he goes, will miss his work rate but the team needs investment and if he has to go to fund it, so be it. Will wish him all the best

Some people seem to have real issue and can't accept that players come and go in football

People still hate Lukaku for leaving to one of the biggest 3 clubs in the world at the time got an enormous fee and wage... just is what it is
It’s clear either him or DCL are off due to the finances, there’s an argument for either of them to stay or go, you could argue that it’s similar but not quite to the extent of the circumstances when Rooney left, someone has to go.
We’ve got to hope that it’s reinvested wisely otherwise we are in serious trouble next year.

We all now due to our financial position either Richy or DCL would be sold. Naturally the deadwood on big wages should be first out of the door, but we can’t get buyers for them. Out of the two I’d rather keep Richarlison and I think Lampard would go. The lad is a tireless worker for the team, gives his all every game and loves the fans and the club.

I think most would rather keep Richarlison but after the season he has just had, DCL we would not be able to command a big fee for. It would be better to hang on to him and hope he can get back to form rather than sell him cheap now.

I suspect Richarlison has privately let the club know he wants to go and with 2 years left on his deal, this is the last chance the club will be able to sell him for close to his market value.

Status
Not open for further replies.