2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richarlison: Brazil forward has lived up to the hype at Everton and would be worth every penny to Tottenham​

hahaha didn't see any articles about how good he was before being linked to Spurs

Richarlison: Brazil forward has lived up to the hype at Everton and would be worth every penny to Tottenham​

hahaha didn't see any articles about how good he was before being linked to Spurs
He was a waste of money when we bought him

Tbh in budget terms it probably makes sense to negotiate the Dele terms as part of the Richy deal. If we are going to owe them 10 million mid season after he hits 20 games (no idea what the other terms are) then we need to keep that 10 million aside regardless, so we might as well settle now and know exactly what the budget is.
So we are writing off add ons for a piece of horse manure player and they are buying our Brazilian International...F we are useless.

Pure Everton though. A not arsed anymore Ali, a crap Winks and a little cash for our best player. Might never be beaten as a pure Everton that moment.

It could also be quite clever financially, considering reports that a value over a certain amount triggers a percentage payment to Watford, so long as they are players we want. If Winks is valued at £20m and we owe £20m on Alli, then we would essentially be saving a fair bit of money.

I also think 'Why'...yes Tottenham are rebuilding, have a world-class manager, and are more likely to win a cup than us, and more likely to get into Europe every year than us...BUT
- they are not going to win the league any time soon
- they are not going to definitely be in 4th place - Man U will get better, so will Arsenal, and there's always a surprise Leicester, West Ham (used to be Everton) each year.

They are definitely currently an upgrade on us, but not the upgrade I would be looking for, if I was RIchy. Once Conte is finished at Spurs, they also have a yo-yo type approach to hiring & firing and might revamp the squad again, which is currently a mix of Pochettino and Mourinho. wish I could advise Richy to get that one season with us that gets him 20 goals and 10 assists (ish) and then he'll get a really big transfer for him and us. But he might see Spurs for 2-3 years as a stepping stone to the big elite level club.
This is nice in theory, but if he has a good season with us he still ends up with one year left on his deal so that would balance out the fee. We may even get less for him. And if he doesn’t have a good season? Well we definitely get less than what we could get now.

At the very least with spurs he’ll be in the Europa league each year, which people scoff at but players do care about this. Also given he’s only just 25, three years at Spurs is a fine career move for him at this point.

I really don't want Richy to leave, is there any scenario he stays?

1656506256145.png

Have enjoyed the chat leading up to end of season where there would be dogfight for his services and Ancelotti wanting him for the best team in the world.

Spurs for a paltry offer of not-even-a-Raphina takes the win and player is apparently eager to join. The big hooter favela 1 in 4 merchant just patted us all on the head.

I know it's a bit silly, and probably due to jealousy or envy, but my initial thought reading this was "Why?"

They are maybe a club on the up, but they are certainly not a club I expect to compete for trophies.

I'm not one of these fans who's out there claiming we're going to win anything - we're Spurs, bottling it is what we do.

But in the past 6 seasons, we've reached 3 cup finals (including the UCL), had three top-3 finishes and one top-2 finish. Sure, we didn't win any of them, because we lack the mentality and at times lacked the quality. But the claim that we don't compete is demonstrably false.

Will we win stuff under Conte? No idea, but he's our best bet, and streets ahead of Pochettino. Put us in three cup finals under Conte and my feeling would be that we'd win one or two of them. Richarlison presumably agrees.

Have enjoyed the chat leading up to end of season where there would be dogfight for his services and Ancelotti wanting him for the best team in the world.

Spurs for a paltry offer of not-even-a-Raphina takes the win and player is apparently eager to join. The big hooter favela 1 in 4 merchant just patted us all on the head.
No need to go for Richy cos we suck.

I won't allow this.

He's crap anyway

Absolutely right for Richy to def us off for a club going places. Imagine working somewhere with Moshiri as CEO, knowing you've got talent, and not joining Big Corp Going Places Ltd?

Anyone saying he's rubbish is going full Lukaku and sucking on sour grapes.

We'll miss him, admit it. Don't be bitter.
I will miss his effort and how much he loves Everton, but I will not miss a second of watching him play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.