2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
...there was clearly issues after Silva left Watford, so 12 in 29 for Everton and 3 in 6 for Brazil is what i’d focus on. That is a very impressive return. I don’t think he’s a flashy footballer, he’s not visually impressive at times but you can’t argue with that return.

I think he’s been very effective. I think the game matters to him and I think he’s a handful. He came on in a game recently replacing Walcott and the contrast was amazing. A LB who was having a comfortable afternoon was suddenly stretched and troubled. Richarlison made a difference.

I know exactly where you are coming from and I wonder about him myself, but I suspect he’s more effective than we think.

Good shout. I do wonder if he had not had the 3 good halfs (halves) in his last three games would we be so forgiving? But, can only go by current form I guess.

Thanks

Who's arsed what his record was for Watford which you are including in that

he's got a goal every 2 games ( roughly ) for us, that's brilliant for a player his age, playing everywhere, first year at the club, and for a large chunk a team not playing well
Just judging him by the times I have seen him. If he'd bagged 50 least season everyone would be shouting it.

I am actually stunned by that, that you think he is strong on the ball, does not end up on his arse, his dribbles are productive and he passes at the right time. He has one assist or something all season for a reason bro. I am happy to concede his strengths but to say he has no weaknesses other than consistency is baffling.

I think he has areas to develop mate, but i have no problems with with strength to be honest, i dont consider him light weight and he can beat people with his power. I would accept that there are areas he has to work on, assists would be one, he could be more creative but that comes with time, maturity and coaching, probably not playing with Walcott and having a striker as well.

I think as a player who often attacks aggressively in taking on his man, there will be times when he will be off balance and easy to knock, or teams will purposely take down as our top scorer. There is also the cynical side of the game as well, he will go to ground if he can win a free in a dangerous position and win and penalty.

Do i think hes light weight and easily bossed - no way.

I think he has areas to develop mate, but i have no problems with with strength to be honest, i dont consider him light weight and he can beat people with his power. I would accept that there are areas he has to work on, assists would be one, he could be more creative but that comes with time, maturity and coaching, probably not playing with Walcott and having a striker as well.

I think as a player who often attacks aggressively in taking on his man, there will be times when he will be off balance and easy to knock, or teams will purposely take down as our top scorer. There is also the cynical side of the game as well, he will go to ground if he can win a free in a dangerous position and win and penalty.

Do i think hes light weight and easily bossed - no way.

After everything that has been said, we need to judge him next year I suppose. Settled team, more of Silvas style and signings etc.

I'll probs get such a vaulting

Just judging him by the times I have seen him. If he'd bagged 50 least season everyone would be shouting it.

well not really, if he bagged 50 goals for Watford came here and done awful people would be saying they're not arsed what he done for Watford because he's not doing it for us

it works both ways

After everything that has been said, we need to judge him next year I suppose. Settled team, more of Silvas style and signings etc.

I'll probs get such a vaulting

I think judging him this season, he’s proved a gem, Yak, Lukaku, Andrei all did 15 goals year one with us. He’s three off that with 7 games to go. Regardless for me at 21, he won’t be at his peak until 26-29. He has a real ceiling to progress. I’m not saying he’s the finishised article by any means, but if he can develop consistency and maturity in his game we have a real top player on our hands.

What he has done so far is remarkable. At their very best Cahill and Areteta we’re pulling in the goals Richarlison has this season and he’s 21.

Your right of course as the team gets more quality he will improve. I smiled a bit when you mentioned assists as I can think of about eight times he’s pulled it back for Walcott, Gylfi or Bernard and they fluffed it.

We have a serious gem on our hands here, if we sell him at the right time, he could wipe out almost all of the financial manure of the last regime.

I think judging him this season, he’s proved a gem, Yak, Lukaku, Andrei all did 15 goals year one with us. He’s three off that with 7 games to go. Regardless for me at 21, he won’t be at his peak until 26-29. He has a real ceiling to progress. I’m not saying he’s the finishised article by any means, but if he can develop consistency and maturity in his game we have a real top player on our hands.

What he has done so far is remarkable. At their very best Cahill and Areteta we’re pulling in the goals Richarlison has this season and he’s 21.

Your right of course as the team gets more quality he will improve. I smiled a bit when you mentioned assists as I can think of about eight times he’s pulled it back for Walcott, Gylfi or Bernard and they fluffed it.

We have a serious gem on our hands here, if we sell him at the right time, he could wipe out almost all of the financial manure of the last regime.

Very bold statement in my opinion. He has a lot to prove before he is at the levels you are talking. Next season really is key, continues to improve then yes, he is headed that way, but if he still fails to grab games by the scruff then I think he will level out quite quickly.

I would love to be proved wrong!

The thing about Richarlison is he is still a young lad lacking in lower body strength and finess which render him an easy target to lose possessions. An off season regiment with strength workout will do him tonnes of good. He needs the level of strengths to keep him from falling over while carrying the ball pass defenders into threat zone to release that final lethal sting which he is well equipped with. He will be a shining star in the coming seasons.

Very bold statement in my opinion. He has a lot to prove before he is at the levels you are talking. Next season really is key, continues to improve then yes, he is headed that way, but if he still fails to grab games by the scruff then I think he will level out quite quickly.

I would love to be proved wrong!

Do you not think his goals scored this year at 21 is fantastic and hints at something very special in a league of this caliber, in one of the worst Everton squads in a generation. When you look at someone comparable like Rashford of the same age, he has more goals in a worse team, playing a similar role. Rashford does him on assists admittedly.

Honest question, what do you expect as in returns from him to cut muster? 20 goals a season and half again in assists?

Last edited:
Do you not think his goals scored this year at 21 is fantastic and hints at something very special in a league of this caliber, in one of the worst Everton squads in a generation. When you look at someone comparable like Rashford of the same age, he has more goals in a worse team, playing a similar role. Rashford does him on assists admittedly.

Honest question, what do you expect as in returns from him to cut muster? 20 goals a season and half again in assists?

I am glad you asked. Every time I mention how average I think he has been people come back (rightly) with his goals. My point is that if it weren't for being in the right place at the right time 9 times this season ( the other 2 were great strike he made himself) then there would be very little at all to talk about regarding his contribution this season.
I know it sounds stupid "without his goals" but my fear for the future is that if he has a season or just a long spell of not being in the right place then he is a 45 mil paper weight such is his lack of contribution.

Luckily, he has been more effective of late and back to his early season (this year and last) form where he is working harder without the ball.

I feel the 12 goals papers over so many massive cracks and it shocks me how many totally ignore them in favour of his goals. He has 12 goals BRILLIANT he also has about 17+ games where he was anonymous.

If he continues with his goal scoring then great, if not then he really needs to improve in other areas.

I am glad you asked. Every time I mention how average I think he has been people come back (rightly) with his goals. My point is that if it weren't for being in the right place at the right time 9 times this season ( the other 2 were great strike he made himself) then there would be very little at all to talk about regarding his contribution this season.
I know it sounds stupid "without his goals" but my fear for the future is that if he has a season or just a long spell of not being in the right place then he is a 45 mil paper weight such is his lack of contribution.

Luckily, he has been more effective of late and back to his early season (this year and last) form where he is working harder without the ball.

I feel the 12 goals papers over so many massive cracks and it shocks me how many totally ignore them in favour of his goals. He has 12 goals BRILLIANT he also has about 17+ games where he was anonymous.

If he continues with his goal scoring then great, if not then he really needs to improve in other areas.
It’s genuinely weird that you talk about him scoring goals as if it’s not a skill, when it’s possibly the most important and sought after of them all.

It’s genuinely weird that you talk about him scoring goals as if it’s not a skill, when it’s possibly the most important and sought after of them all.
Which I alluded to many times

It’s the other 2/3 of his games I’m concerned about

Status
Not open for further replies.