Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm flabbergasted at this to be honest. What is the reason for a DOF if we again turn to another PL club and overpay them for a player, giving them the opportunity to spend that money better than us?

I really do hope the lad succeeds here, and succeeds massively, but this is a gamble, no mistake. It underlines none of us have a clue what's going on, but I suspect some at the club don't either.

I hope we still have a budget that will stretch to an additional three players also. I thought the point of Brands was to instill discipline and significantly expand our scouting network, so in essence, we could sign players exactly of Richarlison's ilk for what Watford paid for him, and then sell him for 50m.

On this evidence, we're still looking to the domestic market for signings, and managers signing their old players is a lazy strategy. I'm not saying that means it won't work out but for me the risks and concerns on this one far outweigh any enthusiasm I can muster. We have almost zero room for error with transfers and the new regime starts with taking on a huge risk.
Premiership clubs are scouting everywhere for the best young players, it is getting harder to find exciting young talents that have not been spotted by scounts from the bigger European and English clubs.
The money in the premiership means that a lot of the best talents are already in England at a very young age . All premiership clubs buy from other premiership clubs and I think Moshiri is prepared to bankroll large signing because he wants to fast track Everton into being a top team.
It has not been a success to date but most clubs who adopt this strategy seem to make costly mistakes.

You do realise that he is only 21, his whole career is ahead of him. His form last season coincided with the rumpus that happened between Everton/Watford/Silva.
The manager obviously rates him highly, Brands must have backed his judgement as did Moshiri.
Look at the bright side, we can sell Pickford and the profit alone from that sale will pay for Richarlson.....signing young talented players is the way forward , it is back to the future for us.

UGH and where do we get a replacement GK from that is as good???????????

2516956738_f643fed76d.jpg

In what could be our first signing, it completely goes against the model Brands was/is meant to utilise here and at that fee, he is going to have to make one hell of an impact to justify it.

Brands won't preach or implement a more disciplined model of player trading if wads of cash are thrown in his direction - he'll be like anyone else with other people's (or more accurately the club's) money in that scenario.
Why do people think Brands was going to come in and start signing only cheap gems who were unknown before? To me everything that was said prior to the window was setting us up to negotiate properly.

Last year everyone and their mother at the club were shouting for anyone to hear about how much we were willing to spend and how we wanted to make a statement. I'm glad this season we've done a better job of posturing about ins, just wish we didn't announce that we needed rid of a lot.

Without googling the answer and ruining it for the whole wide world. Only one player has ever been transferred for more than 50 million pounds without having an international cap to his name (like Richarlison currently). Answers on a postcard...

If I look at the pros I'd much rather spend £40m on this guy than £60m on Zaha tbh.

The RS have spent similar on a player who also can't get in the Brazil squad, but at least richarlison is still young and their attacking options are miles better than their centre mid ones.

He did look the business under Silva who will again be his manager. My worry is that he got found out and hopefully he just needed a break.
He's young, he was always going to have a dip, just hope that's what it was.

When you look at the fee you wonder why we've seemingly shied away from lozano who seems gettable after being a young star at the world cup... But I trust brands' view over any others on that matter.

Mate fat sam was an experienced football professional that mosh employed. You reckon we should listen to what he was saying at the time he was here?
Big Sam probably brought in the best 2 players we've had for a while in Tosun and Walcott !!

Jesus Christ, Brands wants him, Silva wants him. He’s young, highly rated and knows the league. Who cares about the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.