Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not our money. Swings and roundabouts.... We made a profit of 50m+ on Lukaku, 40m+ on Stones. Potentially if Lookman goes, we'll make a profit of 10m or so on him as well.

The fee for Richarlison, if correct as reported, IS insane...... But that is the market sadly. Lets not forget we once even sold Victor Anichebe for 6m.

Anyone get the feeling this is a case of “the window shuts soon, we’ve bought no-one, let’s just get someone in?”

I mean, £50m? For a player who was dropped at times for poor form, who hasn’t scored since November. Wow.

Think (if it's true) it'll include the compo for Silva and definitely made up of about £15m in add-ons.

9DE80E0D-82B4-46C3-B34E-E862B9FAB8D9.jpeg

Some key wording there that a lot of you are choosing to ignore.

I've got a bad feeling bout this.

He is a decent player but it is a lot of bread and you can see what Sigurdsson suffered last year. To be honest I think we have wide players, we need an all action box to box midfielder and some central defenders as top priorities.

If its £35mill + up to £15mill in addons like McNulty is saying then thats more acceptable. If we end up paying £50mill it means both he and the club ate doing well.

Anyone get the feeling this is a case of “the window shuts soon, we’ve bought no-one, let’s just get someone in?”

I mean, £50m? For a player who was dropped at times for poor form, who hasn’t scored since November. Wow.

The problem with judging him solely on his performances for Watford is that it’s far too small a sample size to prove anything.

Perhaps we should trust the manager who signed him to begin with and actually worked with him ?

The point is Malcom is better but is moving for less.

I wouldn't know having never seen the lad kick a ball mate, have you watched much of Bordeaux?

Also the most connected source - bascombe us now reporting it as a fee that may reach 40m with add-ons, given it'll include the writing offof the Silva compo claim, I'd guess Malcolm is gonna cost more, wouldn't say there's much between them really.

50 million is an utter piss take. I haven't heard of him doing anything since last calendar year.

Laughing at the shouts of this being "unofficial compo". We don't owe them a penny or they'd still be pursuing us.

How many more average players are we going to be blowing that amount of money on? After Siggurdsson, Klaassen, Bolasie, and Williams we should all be wary of pissing large amounts of money away on crap.

On the brightside it should take the pressure off Sigurdsson and maybe he will actually show up every match next season instead of being the passenger he was.

Why do we even have a DoF? Honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.