Richard Keys claims Rafael Benitez tried to leave Newcastle United for Everton twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would actually annoy the RS as well, and I'm sick of having absolutely no ammunition to strike back with. It's been like that for ages now, at least since Pickford's flap at Anfield.

He's a good manager. Knows the Premier League. I'd have him now, but could our fans be grown up and have a business like attitude to Rafael becoming a blue?
If I could regard football in a grown up and business like manner I would have jibbed supporting Everton 30 years ago.

Will take him definitely.

Credential.
Yes me too and I think he’s a manger, while still defensive will have the brains to know what type of football is required to have success. IE to attack with pace and have quality forwards.

Unlike Moyes who I don’t think would ever change, even with money he’d still shat himself against the top teams.

And If Benítez was a player, he would be in the 70/80 mil bracket. And would we turn our nose up at a quality player, just because he played for liverpool and has a pop at us years before.

Its a shame we never got him, the real deal, and far better then anything we will get now, after all who is going to want to pick this mess up?

To be fair Rafael went into Newcastle when they were in a far more perilous state than we are now.

Not that I would have championed his cause for our job or owt.....but he would have been a darned sight better than Koeman, Sam and Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.