Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of our remaining games the worrying thing for me is that I can only see wins against Palace and Wolves at home
The good news is that I’m useless predicting the outcome of our beloved Blues this season

It’s a good possibility, only thing in our favour is a 6 point advantage. A double header against Newcastle coming up we need to win both games and the one against Burnley. Win those we stay up. Lose those and Cardiff away next year

Victory in our next 2 home games and at least a draw against Newcastle away, we will pull away from the bottom and give ourselves breathing space.

More confident in getting results in those games now Rafael has gone, defeat against Newcastle & Leeds and where right down there though

Victory in our next 2 home games and at least a draw against Newcastle away, we will pull away from the bottom and give ourselves breathing space.

More confident in getting results in those games now Rafael has gone, defeat against Newcastle & Leeds and where right down there though

Defeat against those two at home and I'll hold my hands up and admit we deserve to go down.

6 points, 2 games in hand, GD advantage. EFC is still a long way from a relegation fight unless Benitez's dire form continues, which seems unlikely. Closer to 11th than 18th, although going up is harder than going down.

Aston villa fan told me it's not the end of us if we go down. He also said the championship is very entertaining and hard at the same time and we will enjoy ourselves while we rebuild.

He was just trying to comfort me so obviously he thinks we might go down.
As a Baggies fan I'm hoping we don't go up or get in play offs, Championship much more fun, hard league but more entertaining and no VAR

We need to get a relegation battle mentality about us from now on otherwise we will be dragged right into it and with a definite possibility of going down.

If we do go down they better not put the season ticket prices up as they are proposing

I'm just hoping that we didn't leave it too late sacking Benitez, I really hope his defenders on here have had the scales drop from their eyes and can now see that he should never have been allowed to carry on after Watford. make no bones about it, if the new manager cannot lift the morale and raise the confidence of the players, we are in big trouble.

I'm just hoping that we didn't leave it too late sacking Benitez, I really hope his defenders on here have had the scales drop from their eyes and can now see that he should never have been allowed to carry on after Watford. make no bones about it, if the new manager cannot lift the morale and raise the confidence of the players, we are in big trouble.

That Arsenal win seemed like a huge one to keep us out of the mire but in hindsight it kept him here an extra month and we've lost more games since.

Status
Not open for further replies.