Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, get rid of him & the injuries will clear up overnight! And a new manager will get a tune out of Iwobi, Rondon et al. Coz this is all on Benitez? We all knew if we got injuries we’d struggle, we got loads & we’ve massively struggled, who’d have thought eh? Benitez is a convenient scapegoat, forget all the mitigating circumstances
That said, you do have to wonder if the injuries aren't at least half caused by Raffas "high intensity training methods" he was banging on about at the start of the season.
Injuries happen all the time when new/different loads are put on the body due to changes in training.
The injuries do all tend to be largely muscular in nature.

Yeah, get rid of him & the injuries will clear up overnight! And a new manager will get a tune out of Iwobi, Rondon et al. Coz this is all on Benitez? We all knew if we got injuries we’d struggle, we got loads & we’ve massively struggled, who’d have thought eh? Benitez is a convenient scapegoat, forget all the mitigating circumstances
Will it help me forget the 7 goals conceded in little over 30 minutes of play.........

Bottom half is no problem given the paucity of talent in our squad. We must begin again from 22/23 with a big purge of the crap players and the signing of decent replacements. This is the minimum requirement to keep the fans on board. Don't ask me who should conduct the purge etc. I don't know.

We’ve had lack of talent before, but have generally had fight. This side has nothing to like about it at all. Terrible board, terrible recruitment, terrible mentality.

We won’t go down for 2 reasons - the league is abysmal and our full strength side is decent and will get enough points. That said, doubt we finish higher than 12th.

I miss relegation battles, in the absence of any chance of winning anything the jeopardy of going down that is injected to games at the end of the season could be more thrilling than anything we have had for a while!

I see in today’s Times that Tony Cascarino has reviewed the likely relegation candidates.

He has us in 18th at season end and down with Norwich and Newcastle

And I was so looking forward to our 69th consecutive top flight season.

I see in today’s Times that Tony Cascarino has reviewed the likely relegation candidates.

He has us in 18th at season end and down with Norwich and Newcastle

And I was so looking forward to our 69th consecutive top flight season.
One punter was amazed that the players we sent out on loan could walk in our side right now...

I personally think once Mina is back to tighten up the defence and we have a front 3 of Richarlison, DCL & Gray we should be fine. Even Gomes back will be a plus.
The problems for me are…
. will all of those players stay fit for a considerable time for rest of season - Mina especially.
. When they do eventually come back we will likely be in the relegation zone - every game will be extra pressure…I just don’t think we have the players to cope with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.