Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, get rid of him & the injuries will clear up overnight! And a new manager will get a tune out of Iwobi, Rondon et al. Coz this is all on Benitez? We all knew if we got injuries we’d struggle, we got loads & we’ve massively struggled, who’d have thought eh? Benitez is a convenient scapegoat, forget all the mitigating circumstances
Oh there's other factors as well, i agree with you there. But this whole Benitez charade, just has to end!

A real possibility, and it’s scary. Even when we’ve went through recent bad seasons I’ve never believed for a minute we would go down but with this current squad I’m scared. They don’t seem to have any fight, any passion or identity. I just pray that something changes, clicks and we start to get some points on the board….

Yeah, get rid of him & the injuries will clear up overnight! And a new manager will get a tune out of Iwobi, Rondon et al. Coz this is all on Benitez? We all knew if we got injuries we’d struggle, we got loads & we’ve massively struggled, who’d have thought eh? Benitez is a convenient scapegoat, forget all the mitigating circumstances
He hasn't made it easier on himself by the tactics he seems to use . For example today everyone could see Iwobi wasn't doing anything at all so why not sub him for one of the kids on the bench. He had nothing to lose but everything to gain.
It's not like a sub was going to cause any big instability in the side as we didn't look like getting anywhere need the goal even though Gray was whipping in some decent balls but Rondon lacked any willingness at all to go to the ball .
If we had 2 forwards in there at least we could of had a chance . That's just one example of his inability to adapt or take chances any modern manager should be capable of .
He's a joke and he's not a scapegoat he's at least 50 percent of the problem.
Players don't seem to want to play for him or at least his tactics.
He's a dinosaur he should be a football fossill . Quickly forgotten and never dug up again .

A team with a front 3 of Richarlison, Calvert Lewin and Gray isn’t getting relegated. It just isn’t.

Problem is getting them all on the pitch at the same time. Thankfully, they’re not out for the season so when they’re back the points will come.

We’ll be absolutely nowhere near the bottom 3 come May so stop being drama queens.

A team with a front 3 of Richarlison, Calvert Lewin and Gray isn’t getting relegated. It just isn’t.

Problem is getting them all on the pitch at the same time. Thankfully, they’re not out for the season so when they’re back the points will come.

We’ll be absolutely nowhere near the bottom 3 come May so stop being drama queens.
A team with a front 3 of Rondon Iwobi and Gordon is though thats the problem. If we have our first team out for the rest of the season we'll probably be fine but there's not really any reason to believe that will happen.

Up and coming fixtures from now and the end of December

Liverpool H - loss/draw
Arsenal H - draw/win
Palace A - draw/win
Chelsea A - loss/draw
Leicester H - draw/win
Burnley A - draw/win
Newcastle H - draw/win

I said last week
We have 15 points now and if we can get 20+ by January, we are fine, no Europe but looking to get Top 10.

Honestly if we can get Mina, DCL and Doucoure back early December, I can see between 5 to best case 15 points. If I was a betting man, I'd say 9/10 points.
We are sleepwalking into a relegation battle but 3 or 4 wins from now and the New Year will steer us right.

Sadly I can only see this happening if something big happens, a big win or manager change.

Newcastle have home games with Norwich and Burnley this week while we play Liverpool and Arsenal.
The gap between us and the bottom 3 is going to be looking wafer thin by Monday night.

A real possibility, and it’s scary. Even when we’ve went through recent bad seasons I’ve never believed for a minute we would go down but with this current squad I’m scared. They don’t seem to have any fight, any passion or identity. I just pray that something changes, clicks and we start to get some points on the board….

In fairness Red, that’s what we were saying in November ‘17 and again in November ‘19 when first Koeman and the Marco had us in freefall and looking to be relegation battlers.

Going back even further to November ‘94 and the dog days of the Walker era, we were all saying “this squad doesn have the heart for a scrap”

But Joe unleashed their inner dogs of war and both Sam and Carlo got enough of a tune out of the cowards they inherited to quickly allay relegation fears.

If things go badly over the next three or four games a change of manager, even if it is only Duncan, will instill a bit of steel in them and get them battling for long enough to stay safe.

I hope :Blink:

Far too good to go down. It'd take a freakish season long injury crisis, or all our best players getting Long Covid or something. Not beyond the realms of possibility, but it'd take something freakish.

Status
Not open for further replies.