Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s true. I suppose the big question is, can Brentford beat Leeds? They look better than Leeds do going forward and both defences are awful. So I guess we’d say Brentford win?

I watched Leeds today, they have goals in them, just whether they take the chances.
On the flipsidee, they cant defend for their life. Just whether Toney fnacies it next week.

For me the Thursday game against Palace is now a must win game if we want to stay up. Any other result than a win means that we are relying on Leeds to lose or draw the final game. Or Burnley to get no more than a point out of the final 2 games. our last game is away at Arsenal who can still get Champions League and Leeds are away at Brentford, who have nothing to play for. We would have beaten Brentford had it not been for the sendings off. Burnley have games away at Villa and home to Newcastle. Neither of them have much more than pride to play for.

If we lose or draw against palace I think we are down

For me the Thursday game against Palace is now a must win game if we want to stay up. Any other result than a win means that we are relying on Leeds to lose or draw the final game. Or Burnley to get no more than a point out of the final 2 games. our last game is away at Arsenal who can still get Champions League and Leeds are away at Brentford, who have nothing to play for. We would have beaten Brentford had it not been for the sendings off. Burnley have games away at Villa and home to Newcastle. Neither of them have much more than pride to play for.

If we lose or draw against palace I think we are down

yep

We looked in a great position to stay up before play today. Trust Everton to make things hard for ourselves. One point today and one midweek and we were save with a game to go. I'm expecting us to lose at Arsenal so we better get the job done v Palace.

Needed one win against Watford and Brentford and we failed.

We’ve been utterly rubbish. Lampard has been half carried by the fans. More and more baffled as to why he settled for a point against Watford.

The result that's annoyed me most today is Watford 1 Leicester 5. A Leicester side on the beach and 1-0 down after 5 minutes turned over a side that have now lost 12 out of 13 at home. No excuse for not beating them. I think they just thought they'd done the hard part at Leicester.

At the very least, you make sure you don't go down to 10 men. Thats basic in a relegation fight. We have some very stupid players playing for us.

The worrying thing for me is how poor Brentford looked when it was 11 against 11. I wouldn't make either team favourites in that game but Leeds have a far better chance of a result than we do at Arsenal.
Forget about Arsenal, we won’t even get a corner, that’s an absolute defeat.

If we don’t beat Palace, we are 100% relying on other teams. Who, honestly, fancies this squad of rats to beat Palace?

Forget about Arsenal, we won’t even get a corner, that’s an absolute defeat.

If we don’t beat Palace, we are 100% relying on other teams. Who, honestly, fancies this squad of rats to beat Palace?

Rats? Mate look at the starting back 4 and midfield. We're down to bare bones. With 11 we win that today. Simply put. Can't fault the effort over last few games so hardly seems fair to call them Rats. ?

Mad take this, thought Brentford were a class above us today all over the pitch. Whether that was purely down to having 10 men we’ll never truly know, but they look a good side to me.
we were stream rolling them to be fair, and the Red defo changed the game, think we looked like we were going to win by 2 or more, but our dodgy defending didnt help

Status
Not open for further replies.