Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Brentford win at the weekend against Southampton would be helpful- means they would be safe so hopefully means they have less riding on the result when they play us. Would also leave Southampton on 40 with 2 games left- Liverpool at home then Leicester away. Can still get 150/1 on them going down!

There would be a really good psychological boost if we beat Leicester. Firstly the away win monkey would be off our back; that would be massive.
It would also get the back to back wins monkey off our back !! If that outcome was combined with Leeds losing to Arsenal it would represent a brilliant shift in our favour. Then play the game in hand card at Watford and things could look pretty positive.

To be honest 4 points from those two away match’s might well be enough so long as we win both home games. I am getting a bit ahead of myself there though!!!!

Just beat Leicester lads!!!

we still need to be cautious mate and i will be a wreck till we are safe (i hope) but we have to get something from the away games to keep narrow over take the
gap

It's crazy where the final tally ends up.

TBH though: Burnley have done unbeleivable to get out of the bottom three. But I'll still say it again: I dont believe in them. I think one reversal will do for them. If Villa beat or draw with them at Turf Moor they are looking at two impossible / difficult aways at WHL and Villa Park, respectively.

...and I doubt Newcastle under Howe will be willing to hand them a gimme last game.
We are gonna finish in the relatively giddy heights of 16th.

Think the best case scenario for us is Brentford taking the 3 points this weekend vs S'ton. More or less confirms their PL status and can "relax" against us. That would leave S'ton on 40 points with Liverpool (h) and Leicester (a) potentially dragging them into the relegation spot depending on how Leeds/Burnley get on.

Goddammit Everton just win every game.

Think the best case scenario for us is Brentford taking the 3 points this weekend vs S'ton. More or less confirms their PL status and can "relax" against us. That would leave S'ton on 40 points with Liverpool (h) and Leicester (a) potentially dragging them into the relegation spot depending on how Leeds/Burnley get on.

Goddammit Everton just win every game.
Or if Brentford lose to Southampton and we beat them they play.leeds Last day and both clubs still in the mix

Stevie Me will want the wins early so he can fold against Liverpool. I’m confident Villa will turn up for the Burnley games just for that reason alone tbh

TBF, I dont think Liverpool would know the difference between Villa's A game and anything less.

Status
Not open for further replies.