Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve played well against stronger teams like Chelsea, Man U and even against City and Liverpool we did well up to a point. The ‘easier’ opponents we’ve lost focus and gave away silly goals. Like we should never have lost the Watford and Burnley matches.

Hopefully this last chance saloon right now means they don’t make any mistakes and they’re capable of winning any of these remaining games.

If they dont beat Villa next game up they're going to start bricking it. A point wont be enough.
It’s another game where they be expecting and needing to win and not winning gives us 2 games to leap frog them. As I’ve said in another thread right now the points total is anywhere between 34 and 46 points

It’s another game where they be expecting and needing to win and not winning gives us 2 games to leap frog them. As I’ve said in another thread right now the points total is anywhere between 34 and 46 points
It's crazy where the final tally ends up.

TBH though: Burnley have done unbeleivable to get out of the bottom three. But I'll still say it again: I dont believe in them. I think one reversal will do for them. If Villa beat or draw with them at Turf Moor they are looking at two impossible / difficult aways at WHL and Villa Park, respectively.

...and I doubt Newcastle under Howe will be willing to hand them a gimme last game.

TBH though: Burnley have done unbeleivable to get out of the bottom three. But I'll still say it again: I dont believe in them. I think one reversal will do for them. If Villa beat or draw with them at Turf Moor they are looking at two impossible / difficult aways at WHL and Villa Park, respectively.

...and I doubt Newcastle under Howe will be willing to hand them a gimme last game.
Yeah there no way you would of thought after they went to Norwich and lost they would win 3 and draw 1 of the next 4. 3 very hard fixtures up next for them. Leeds have 4 very hard fixtures left as well. There as much chance of both teams get 0 points as there is of both getting 12. We still have a lot of hard work ourselves and it’s well and good saying Burnley and Leeds will get xyz but all that irrelevant if we don’t atm at least 2 points

Not like Villa are just going to turn up and lose. They need a win because right now they have Burnley x2 RS and City and 1 more game. So should Villa lose all 4 of them games that means they can get a max of 43 points which could relegate them by 3 points

After that Burnley defeat, if you’d have said to most of us we’d pick up 2 wins and a draw out of Man U, Leicester, Liverpool and Chelsea we’d have absolutely taken it.

What is key is now maintaining that effort and intensity in the next 4 fixtures which, on paper, are more favourable. None of the repeat of the Leicester game when for the first half hour they were flat and off it. No room for that now.

Have to agree with @davek about burnley - they’ve done well to pick the points up but I feel they have been very fortunate, especially with the two one nils, I don’t know how they got those wins as they were easily second best in both games, and even Watford should have been out of sight.

Credit to them for scrapping away and getting the results, but there have been a real element of luck for me.

Hopefully, it runs out for their last games.

Different motivation when it’s opposition fans.

Richarlison was just silly. He absolutely wasn’t looking to torch anyone in the Lower Gwladys.
I agree but in the law makers mind if they let him off it sets a precedent. I imagine he will be punished just a question of what the punishment will be.

I agree but in the law makers mind if they let him off it sets a precedent. I imagine he will be punished just a question of what the punishment will be.
Agree there will be some kind of punishment. Clearly a stupid thing to do, but it was in the heat of the moment and wasn't malicious. If there was clear intent to do harm it would be a totally different prospect. Hopefully it's just a slap on the wrist and he isn't banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.