Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley have been a little fortunate (maybe that’s not the right word) in that they have got the first goal in the last few games. I watched the Wolves game today and it was pretty drab encounter but Wolves could easily have gone ahead and it’s a different game.

Burnley will definitely lose games in the run in - it’s how many that’ll be the key. You’d hope Spurs away is a banker for Spurs - the two games against Villa will be the big ones.
i think if we will stay up its between leeds and villa not burnley. they will win a few more games now

Burnley have been a little fortunate (maybe that’s not the right word) in that they have got the first goal in the last few games. I watched the Wolves game today and it was pretty drab encounter but Wolves could easily have gone ahead and it’s a different game.

Burnley will definitely lose games in the run in - it’s how many that’ll be the key. You’d hope Spurs away is a banker for Spurs - the two games against Villa will be the big ones.
Ill advised hubris this. With respect.

When you think about it, the loss to QPR in the cup should have been a clear sign that we were good for the drop. We’ve had little moments of hope all season, but far too often our performances have been a carbon copy of that night.
Gonna sound weird but this for me all started at with Silva 1-0 loss Anfield and there 90 minute goal off the bar. Since then the 2 teams have gone in completely opposite directions and it’s going to end with us relegated and they winning 4 trophies

What people dont understand, and its understandable because of the team we support, and we may take ourselves as the benchmark, but these teams down the bottom will actually fight for their premier league lives and are more likely to gain points now than previously.

anyone expecting Burnley or Leeds for that matter to 'collapse' is deluded. They arent as feeble minded as us. they've proved it over a few weeks now.
We will be fine…..Class tells in the end lol

it is. so our players need to do something extraordinary!

Away point will be a godsend.

I'd take a draw next week and at Leicester. Slow the game down like today and hopefully show a bit more attacking intent. Then beat Watford and that's 34 points with potential to get a win from one of the final two home games.

Even then it's very likely to go to final day so shows the scale of the task ahead really.

Certainly can't expect to lose the next two and still be just a few points off anyway. Burnley could easily beat Watford and get something off Villa at home so they could be 6/7 points clear with a much better GD. Then not winning at Watford basically means relegation.

Chelsea is must win regardless of what happens with Burnley. No ifs, buts or maybes

We cannot expect to be saved by other results because its not going to happen and never was.

We better start the game like we understand the significance because the start of the Leicester game lacked hunger and urgency.
They won’t, they just don’t

Away point will be a godsend.

I'd take a draw next week and at Leicester. Slow the game down like today and hopefully show a bit more attacking intent. Then beat Watford and that's 34 points with potential to get a win from one of the final two home games.

Even then it's very likely to go to final day so shows the scale of the task ahead really.

Certainly can't expect to lose the next two and still be just a few points off anyway. Burnley could easily beat Watford and get something off Villa at home so they could be 6/7 points clear with a much better GD. Then not winning at Watford basically means relegation.

final day stuff no no no! (obvs it’s ye ye ye if we can stay up from it like) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.