Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your now not writing the next 4 games off (as you did yesterday), because Burnley were close to getting a point at Villa. We should be aiming for 3 anyway as we will be doing
I didn't "write them off". I said I could see us not winning them.

*sigh*

I didn't "write them off". I said I could see us not winning them.

*sigh*

That is writing them off, Dave
3 defeats on the run and I can see it being 7 on the run and we'll be struggling to get in the fight for survival never mind keeping out of it.

Doucoure's injury and Gueye's departure is going to be catastrophic for us.

Still, the clever people seem very relaxed we're "well out of danger" so that's something to hold on to eh?

3 defeats on the run and I can see it being 7 on the run and we'll be struggling to get in the fight for survival never mind keeping out of it.

Doucoure's injury and Gueye's departure is going to be catastrophic for us.

Still, the clever people seem very relaxed we're "well out of danger" so that's something to hold on to eh?
Many of the bottom half teams picking up invaluable points in the last 7 days; zero for us.

Luton now a point behind with a game in hand.

You just need a Luton, Burnley and/or Sheffield Utd to go on a run and we are up a creek without a paddle.

Of course, if that happens the chances of us getting any of these points back will become very slim.

"I can see it" doesn't mean "I'm writing off the next 4 games".

If that's the same thing in your world then you need to have a think about it.
It does to me, it acts like you've wrote them off already, saying 3 defeats can turn into 7 is no other meaning - but anyway onto the FA Cup and hope we go all the way to the final ;)

Just seen a list of those PL teams and the players off to the Afcon and Asia cups. Forest seem to be losing six players now that's got to have a negative effect. Others in the lower half losing at least a couple. We're only losing Gana.

Stick the academy players in.

This really is a millstone around our necks.

Get it out the way and focus on 17 PL games.
We should do what the top teams do.

Play 2nd string in the earlier rounds and bring out the big guns if we go deep.

Which is different to "throwing a QF" in case you mention it.

Our next opponents in the Premier League with a win against Arsenal today...

Very good performance by Fulham. I would say them coming from behind to beat Arsenal 8 days after they lose 2-0 at home to Burnley sums up the bizarre nature of premier league in last few months.

It feels like April already where teams on long winless runs suddenly start hitting good form as the threat of relegation starts to hit home.

Realistically anyone on 24/25 points is safe already barring a disastrous run as you can stay up comfortably on less than a point per game from this point if survival is going to be 35/36 again.

So 18th comes from Luton/Everton/Brentford/Forest/Palace unless people want to throw someone else in the mix?

Think you will find they did it v Burnley - Villa at Goodison is next, then Fulham away 2 weeks later
Correct, apologies, confused the next two there.

Very good performance by Fulham. I would say them coming from behind to beat Arsenal 8 days after they lose 2-0 at home to Burnley sums up the bizarre nature of premier league in last few months.

It feels like April already where teams on long winless runs suddenly start hitting good form as the threat of relegation starts to hit home.

Realistically anyone on 24/25 points is safe already barring a disastrous run as you can stay up comfortably on less than a point per game from this point if survival is going to be 35/36 again.

So 18th comes from Luton/Everton/Brentford/Forest/Palace unless people want to throw someone else in the mix?
I think Forest will disappear up the road, their wins at Newcastle and at home to Man Utd is arguably more impressive than our wins at home v Newcastle and Chelsea.

Nuno is a very good manager, I`d have liked him for Everton if it was a choice between him and Dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.