Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Forest a must win?
I think every game is, but with the fixtures coming up I could see us not winning til the New Year if we don't beat them. Thats not to say we won't get some draws, but wins will be hard in that run

And as counter productive as it sounds, could do with Burnley getting a win in the next couple of weeks or we know what's going to happen...

I fear the home games against Newcastle and Chelsea. I honestly was looking forward to these games before the deduction. But on the evidence of the man utd game the confidence looks shot following the points deduction and we look like the poor team from the last few seasons again
We had a share of the ball, more shots on target, more corners etc, we just couldnt score, wasnt a bad performance.

Wonder goal at the start knocked us a bit, but we couldve gone in at HT 2-1 up.

Prior to sunday we'd won 6 of our last 9, we've looked nothing like last season or twos side in the past couple of months.

We should be 2pts off the top half fs.

I fear the home games against Newcastle and Chelsea. I honestly was looking forward to these games before the deduction. But on the evidence of the man utd game the confidence looks shot following the points deduction and we look like the poor team from the last few seasons again
I see elements of this, but after going 1-0 to a miracle goal, we then grabbed some more possession, created moments and I think Doucoure probably should have got us back into it and then it's a different game.

I haven't watched every minute of Ashley Young's games but sendings off, cards, penalties, own goals... I'd rest him, the unnecessary pen finished Sunday's game. We kept trying which was something.

I see two bigger risks at this stage:
  • Christmas window - must not lose key players until we stay up.
    If 777 are struggling to raise cash, Mosh might sell players for quick cash and essentially make buying price lower so he can offload to 777 (whom I'm pretty sure I don't want in the more I read about them). Potential law suits from relegated clubs in previous years might also influence this
  • Our own games and injuries
    I think we catch Luton by end of Jan / early Feb barring some miracle results for them, or latest in March. But losing players of our own would slow that.
I think this squad stays up if it stays together.

View attachment 236817
This is the current problem and needs to be resolved. I am also very (not) surprised to see the victims have yet to give away a penalty. They must have very well behaved defenders.

Thats is not surprising though , we bring it on ourselves .

When you give the other team 80% of the ball and allow them to play in your half and constantly allow players to enter and play in your penalty area … this is going to happen

View attachment 236817
This is the current problem and needs to be resolved. I am also very (not) surprised to see the victims have yet to give away a penalty. They must have very well behaved defenders.
Maybe they have better defenders too? I'm struggling to think of one pen we gave away that wasn't one, but think Palace should've got a second penalty two weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.