Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And a ball hasn't even been kicked yet.

Jeez...
We're a club coming off a 16th place finish that sold its best player, currently has one player in on a free and lost 4-0 to a MLS club in a friendly. I'd say that the discussion has been remarkably civilized, under the circumstances.

Personally, I think we're getting relegated unless we bring in some quality in front of the back four. We can probably grind out enough points to stay up if we're healthy some of the time and playing one of Gomes, Davies or Gbamin against lesser resistance when injuries thin the midfield out. It's when we have to play more than one of them, or have to stitch together another formation when we need a midfield three, that we start getting into trouble.

We're a club coming off a 16th place finish that sold its best player, currently has one player in on a free and lost 4-0 to a MLS club in a friendly. I'd say that the discussion has been remarkably civilized, under the circumstances.

Personally, I think we're getting relegated unless we bring in some quality in front of the back four. We can probably grind out enough points to stay up if we're healthy some of the time and playing one of Gomes, Davies or Gbamin against lesser resistance when injuries thin the midfield out. It's when we have to play more than one of them, or have to stitch together another formation when we need a midfield three, that we start getting into trouble.
We were on a downward spiral out of control under the FSW.
Lampard came in, and after a number of weeks was able to turn things around with victories against Leicester, Man Uts & Chelsea. There was a lot more fight and determination in the team - that was plain to see.
A pre-season friendly counts for jack - particularly against a team that was in mid-season and fully fit. A game where their first two goals were a penalty and OG. Counts for nothing in terms of actual points-gathering in the Prem.
But yeah, all the other Prem teams have magnificient players and we will be left behind.

Jeez...

Lampard came in, and after a number of weeks was able to turn things around with victories against Leicester, Man Uts & Chelsea. There was a lot more fight and determination in the team - that was plain to see.
A pre-season friendly counts for jack - particularly against a team that was in mid-season and fully fit. A game where their first two goals were a penalty and OG. Counts for nothing in terms of actual points-gathering in the Prem.
But yeah, all the other Prem teams have magnificient players and we will be left behind.

Jeez...
FSW took nineteen points from nineteen league games, by my math. We finished on 39. No question Benitez needed to go, as the trend line had us getting relegated, but the second half of the season was much like the first on balance. If Lampard had come in and picked up thirty points rather than twenty in the second half, the way Ancelotti did, I would sing a very different tune right now. I would expect us to finish on around sixty the next season...which we did.

The present squad, without some ins, should finish on a lower point total unless the league actively got worse. I'm not seeing that the league is worse. +/- 35 points generally gets a club sent down these days. The implication is that the squad, as constituted, gets relegated more often than not. Lampard probably shouldn't have aired that dirty laundry in public the way that he did, but he's not wrong.

Jeez...
We have lost our best player and are shorter in numbers than Last season.

According to the Red mirror we’re staring relegation in the face……

And they tell me it’s not a kopite rag :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.