Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked at October and hoped for 9-12 points out of the 6 matches. Would put us on a better position than where we were at the same point lst season (and spent majority of the middle of the season).

With then games against Leicester and Bournemouth before the World Cup.

Anything around 20-25 points before the World Cup (15 games in) would be a great return! This should have us looking up rather than down!

Said since the end of last season, we'll be in that middle zone of nothing. 8th-15th.
(meaning never seriously in danger of dropping and never really challenging for Europe. )

IIn all honesty I'd be surprised if we end up lower than 12th. The 'best league in the world' still has plenty of dross. It looks like Lampard, Thelwell and the coaching team are really starting to build from a proper foundation which is quite a novelty after the past few years.

Notts F are doomed. Just a complete shambles. After that it could be any of about 6 or 7 clubs.

I'd love Palace to drop not because I particularly dislike them, but the praise they get in the media is ridiculous.

And Villa, obvs.

I expect we will be fine and even comfortable but the emotional stress of last season means I tend to monitor the sides below us rather than above us and the gap that exists.

The very impressive work done in solidifying the spine of the team has been superb. That gives us the foundation we need for safety and a little more.

I get the need for more forward and attacking options but can also say that it was absolutely the right decision to prioritise signings in the areas they did. Hopefully there is scope to give us more options in January and the World Cup hiatus will also work in our favour I think.

Avoiding a relegation battle is the number 1 objective this year. If we avoid the pressure of a scrap come the spring, then we will have won a few more points, so that would be a tangible sign of progress.

It's far too early though to talk about where we could finish. Yeah we're on a decent run, but there will be a bump in the road, and how we respond to it will dictate our season. Last year we couldn't respond and let things spiral out of control.

Soton will go down I think. That win on Saturday was big for us but it was in the context of our dreadful away record, players carrying knocks and tired from internationals, and still working to gain confidence. If that game was played in another few weeks we might have beaten them comfortably.

Soton will go down I think. That win on Saturday was big for us but it was in the context of our dreadful away record, players carrying knocks and tired from internationals, and still working to gain confidence. If that game was played in another few weeks we might have beaten them comfortably.
We nearly caught Southampton last season. We just need to keep going. We will have some tough times., But I am very happy at the moment. Not adding to the pressure, I hoped for 12th before the season stated. But that was before we sorted Gana and Onana. Hopefully DCL will be back soon and get some form.

But as you said, confidence is a big thing and we may get a little momentum. Will be interesting to see how the team bounces back when we next get beat.

Come off it.

Palace (or maybe it's just Viera?) get heaps of praise.

It is plucky underdog head patting praise from big 6 fanboy media, but it's definitely there.
I think a number of the younger players (Eze, Olise, Guehi) get praise and the tabloids alternate between slating and raving about Zaha but the whole team? Crystal Palace? Nah!
tbf,Vieira gets praise for turning around the style of play, but from Roy, that was a fairly low baseline.

Come off it.

Palace (or maybe it's just Viera?) get heaps of praise.

It is plucky underdog head patting praise from big 6 fanboy media, but it's definitely there.

Palace have probably the easiest run of fixtures up to world cup break so would be surprised if they're not comfortably mid table come November. Zaha will start diving and they'll get endless penalties.

Leeds are slowly starting to drop now, not winning home games (even if that was a good point yesterday with 10 men) so now the table will start to take proper shape as there's always teams who start off unexpectedly well but then reality hits after first 5-6 games.

Will watch Leicester-Forest tonight. Manager who loses that gets sacked imo.

I think a number of the younger players (Eze, Olise, Guehi) get praise and the tabloids alternate between slating and raving about Zaha but the whole team? Crystal Palace? Nah!
tbf,Vieira gets praise for turning around the style of play, but from Roy, that was a fairly low baseline.
To be fair your recruiting is generally top notch.
As for Viera turning around the style, you're right, he couldn't fail to improve. It just seemed at times the media were talking as though it was 1970s Brazil.

Maybe I was just miserable due to our poor football around the same time.

To be fair your recruiting is generally top notch.
As for Viera turning around the style, you're right, he couldn't fail to improve. It just seemed at times the media were talking as though it was 1970s Brazil.

Maybe I was just miserable due to our poor football around the same time.
Well, it definitely isn’t now. Looked good on Saturday at Southampton. A much more effective unit under Frank.
Palace 1970’s Brazil? More like 1966’s North Korea. Entertaining but where’s the points?lol

One always as a massive drop off too. Someone like a Brighton or Fulham. It’s easy to say now they won’t but it’s how these teams react to a defeat.
Nah, I think Brighton will be ok this season, it's still Potter's players and playing style. Their problems will start next season when Trossard and a couple of others have bailed out and their new manager starts a total rebuilding job.

Have you noticed the better palace play the more decisions go against them, they have given all the sky 6 a good go since Vieira has taken over, some bizarre decisions against the sky 6 that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.