Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble with that is when you only win 1-2 away all season that puts so much pressure to keep stringing out the wins at home. Only takes a run of 3-4 without win at home and suddenly you're massively struggling again.

Team has shown it can battle to draws at Brentford and Leeds, now it must show it can go to Southampton and win 0-2 as that's the result that places you comfortably in mid table pack.
Yeah this is exactly the type of thing i'm talking about. I'm optimistic and can see plenty of positives, but I'm still very aware of the fact that we've only won 1 game so far, only won 1 away game this calendar year, not scored more than once in a game yet etc. It's very strange to me to just put all those things to one side and say there's nothing to worry about, because there is, clearly. I'd like to think that the green shoots we've seen in the last few games will grow and over the season we'll get better and better, but it's a hell of an assumption to be making to be honest.

Back to being nervous now. Onana, Gordon and Patterson all injured on international duty. DCL looks perma-crocked. Why can't we just refuse to release these players if they are injured? I actually can't remember the last time Everton had a settled first 11. We don't have the depth to be dealing with 4/5 key players out. Injuries once again could see us struggling

Back to being nervous now. Onana, Gordon and Patterson all injured on international duty. Dominic Calvert-Lewin looks perma-crocked. Why can't we just refuse to release these players if they are injured? I actually can't remember the last time Everton had a settled first 11. We don't have the depth to be dealing with 4/5 key players out. Injuries once again could see us struggling
You cant refuse call ups, the players can, its up to the players to say "Im injured, I would rather have 2 weeks "rest" and be fit for Everton", but sadly International exposure fills their pockets with cash.

You need to follow the audit trail backwards.
No idea what that is.
I think when you consider where we finished last season, and then see that we've only won one of our first seven this season, it would be very strange to not be even a little bit concerned about relegation. This is how we end up in crisis mode all the time, because people close their eyes to reality and pretend we're a lot better than we actually are.
True but I just feel the slight mood change recently is due to the noticeable improvements made on the pitch and that will turn to results soon enough.

Back to being nervous now. Onana, Gordon and Patterson all injured on international duty. Dominic Calvert-Lewin looks perma-crocked. Why can't we just refuse to release these players if they are injured? I actually can't remember the last time Everton had a settled first 11. We don't have the depth to be dealing with 4/5 key players out. Injuries once again could see us struggling

What??

Onana is
Onana is on the bench tonight so he’s clearly not injured.

And Gordon literally played so he’s clearly not.
Onana we were told was carrying a knock. Should not have played as these games mean nothing. Gordon was feeling a thigh strain in training, should not have played. Both played today, risking them coming back injured for Everton. God knows what has happened with patterson, but its Everton so I am assuming his leg has blown up. Mykolenko also injured, but was on the bench for Ukraine in a game that again, means nothing. These players should all be back at Finch Farm right now. As it stands we are risking our status as a Premier League club again for the sake of worthless internationals. If an Everton player is carrying even the slightest of knocks we should declare them injured and not release them, like a certain club not too far away from us always seem to do

Onana was named on Belgium bench wasn't he so can't be that bad unless they had to put him on there.

Gordon feels the type to play through knocks so not too concerned if he's only got a niggle (and I get the feeling after last night someone from Everton would've communicated to under 21 sides not to risk him for friendly matches).

Onana we were told was carrying a knock. Should not have played as these games mean nothing. Gordon was feeling a thigh strain in training, should not have played. Both played today, risking them coming back injured for Everton. God knows what has happened with patterson, but its Everton so I am assuming his leg has blown up. Mykolenko also injured, but was on the bench for Ukraine in a game that again, means nothing. These players should all be back at Finch Farm right now. As it stands we are risking our status as a Premier League club again for the sake of worthless internationals. If an Everton player is carrying even the slightest of knocks we should declare them injured and not release them, like a certain club not too far away from us always seem to do

Onana was unused sub from the line ups I've just seen. Trust me he would be released back to the club if he was injured.

Onana didn’t.

We don't have the squad depth to cope with injuries at this level and cannot absorb any more. There is ongoing concern with the amount of goals we will score. But we've improved, certainly. Albeit from a very low base. Take off the blue-tinted glasses and I certainly know from talking to fans of other clubs that they are a little perplexed at how easily pleased we are with the grand total of seven points from seven games! But even most of those would concede that we look more solid, more organised and have a spirit that wasn't in evidence at all previously.

There will be a lot of ups and downs I feel. My gut instinct tells me we'll be ok but that will be about it. I don't see us threatening to nab the final European qualifying place or anything of that order. I would be happy with avoiding relegation or any talk of it, comfortably. I'd like us to get somewhere between 45-50 points and I think that's manageable, though I wouldn't bank on it. We'll probably spend most of the season lurking around where we are now and if so, that's ok, but I think we all want to be in a relatively comfortable position before the final 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.