Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

We had some good wins / performances against big teams under Lampard.

I'm looking for what Dyche can do against lesser lights. That's where Lampard let us down badly.
Agreed. That’s why I was encouraged by his tactical set up as much as the effort. Pressed effectively as a unit better than we have done for a long time and much better organisation when we lost the ball. Losing goals against Wolves and Southampton both came from losing the ball in their half and suddenly being pulled apart. I’m hopeful with more time on the training ground that Dyche will be able to cut out the ease teams could go from one end of the pitch to the other. The midfield was better organised today as a unit than it has been since we beat Palace. Much work still to do but promising signs.

Attachments

• Socrates.jpg
    Socrates.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 24
Agreed. That’s why I was encouraged by his tactical set up as much as the effort. Pressed effectively as a unit better than we have done for a long time and much better organisation when we lost the ball. Losing goals against Wolves and Southampton both came from losing the ball in their half and suddenly being pulled apart. I’m hopeful with more time on the training ground that Dyche will be able to cut out the ease teams could go from one end of the pitch to the other. The midfield was better organised today as a unit than it has been since we beat Palace. Much work still to do but promising signs.

The players are putting a lot of effort in. I hope they can handle the physicality of it all.

Fingers crossed.

After getting the first two games out the way I'll be intrigued how we handle Leeds, Villa, Forest and Brentford.

I think at the end of those games that take us to early March we'll know our likely fate.

Regardless of today Leeds remains a must win. Can't be having yet another bottom six team getting their season kickstarted at Goodison so at least they'll really really have to earn it compared to the ruins of Lampard's final month.

Beyond that the other ones could go either way so best to keep a clean sheet in a few of those and see what happens later. Today was a very good road test indeed for that formula.

Problem is last two months have meant you can't afford to go 3-4 without a win anymore otherwise 17th and above will start to go into the distance so pressure remains on for me although couldn't have asked for more of a confidence boost than beating the likely league winners and keeping a clean sheet aswell.

Fingers crossed.

After getting the first two games out the way I'll be intrigued how we handle Leeds, Villa, Forest and Brentford.

I think at the end of those games that take us to early March we'll know our likely fate.
Yes. How will we fair when the emphasis is on us. At least we are now in the fight

Regardless of today Leeds remains a must win. Can't be having yet another bottom six team getting their season kickstarted at Goodison so at least they'll really really have to earn it compared to the ruins of Lampard's final month.
Beyond that the other ones could go either way so best to keep a clean sheet in a few of those and see what happens later. Today was a very good road test indeed for that formula.
Problem is last two months have meant you can't afford to go 3-4 without a win anymore otherwise 17th and above will start to go into the distance so pressure remains on for me although couldn't have asked for more of a confidence boost than beating the likely league winners and keeping a clean sheet aswell.
I agree.

I think we're the only ones at the bottom and just above us who can go out and get results against top teams - not just the odd one, but 3 or 4 wins or draws this season against top 6 teams. We did that last season too. So if we do better against the lesser teams we can reasonably argue that we'll add to those points with points from opponents other relegation threatened teams will get less from.

As I said above: after the Leeds, Villa, Forest and Brentford games we'll know our fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.