Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints are gone Dave, they already want rid of Jones but sacking another manager isn't going to look good for them so he will probably take them down. Bournemouth have made good signings but O'Neil has been thrown into the management thing from just being an ordinary member of the backroom team, he just doesn't have the experience imo. Given the new owner seems happy to spend money I can see a new manager soon.

Have Bournemouth actually signed anyone decent in the final third, I think that's going to be the issue. Were linked to Nicolas Jackson and Zaniolo but nothing came of either and there's a limit to relying on Kieffer Moore and Solanke for goals.

Yeah people were getting carried away with Southampton in the cups but aside from second half up here they haven't backed it up at all in the league so shows Jones isn't good enough for this level currently.

Think a Leeds defeat is what's needed tomorrow as that will get them really panicky ahead of some tough games.

Like you say even if we could get a point against Liverpool and then win next two games which are at home, surely that would see us climb the table a bit. One game at a time but if we can play like we did today and win home games it will obviously build confidence.
We had some good wins / performances against big teams under Lampard.

I'm looking for what Dyche can do against lesser lights. That's where Lampard let us down badly.

Just noticed Leeds have two games in hand on us. Play Forest tomorrow and then Man U twice. Note sure why they play Man U twice in a week. Anyway, tough games

Have Bournemouth actually signed anyone decent in the final third, I think that's going to be the issue. Were linked to Nicolas Jackson and Zaniolo but nothing came of either and there's a limit to relying on Kieffer Moore and Solanke for goals.

Yeah people were getting carried away with Southampton in the cups but aside from second half up here they haven't backed it up at all in the league so shows Jones isn't good enough for this level currently.

Think a Leeds defeat is what's needed tomorrow as that will get them really panicky ahead of some tough games.
Yeah they signed that Outtara also Semenyo who is a good young striker from Bristol City plus a few other players. O'Neil will get replaced soon imo, he doesn't have the experience, he went from being a coach to being manager because there was nobody else to do it and stayed on because he managed to get a few results. As for Saints, well Jones Luton team were actually not bad to watch at times but I just don't think the fans are going to give him the time there and it's been that way since he arrived but a 3rd manager in the same season is not a good look.

Good result for West Ham. Thought Newcastle would win that one but unfortunately not
Yep thought they would get something when Bruno got suspended. Still a good day for us though. We were concerned about being adrift after Arsenal and RS. Not going to happen now. Concern was we were going down with a whimper. We are at least in the fight now

S'ton only have Ward-Prowse between them and relegation. B'mouth are poor. I didn't keep track of their new additions, but that's a club with the stink of relegation on it.

If we get 4 points from Arsenal/Liverpool the rest of the teams down there will be VERY concerned.
You had yourselves relegated this time yesterday and Dyche was in on the whole thing.

What do you know?

We had some good wins / performances against big teams under Lampard.

I'm looking for what Dyche can do against lesser lights. That's where Lampard let us down badly.
Yep understand what your saying, it’s vital we beat those teams around us at the moment as well and those just above us, the likes of Leeds and then Villa at home, 3 points in each will be massive. One game at a time and just keep going.

Some weird teams down there. Forest look ok ish. Leeds you can never tell. Leicester today showed why i dont think they will be in it. West ham look a good side just under performing. Wolves seem to be hitting form. I thought we were as good as gone.

This could be a last game of the season scenario for quite a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.