Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People say the same every year. But there will be. Probably 2 promoted teams and one of the 3 that came up last year.

The teams coming up all have, comparatively speaking, poor squads.
To be fair the three relegated look better than us on paper , it's a bit of a miracle.

Obviously I'd say Luton and Sheffield should be worse .

The others will only improve , I do think forest and Bournemouth will be down there along with wolves

To be fair the three relegated look better than us on paper , it's a bit of a miracle.

Obviously I'd say Luton and Sheffield should be worse .

The others will only improve , I do think forest and Bournemouth will be down there along with wolves

I'm not sure they do, or certainly post Lampard they didnt.

They have to recruit well and it's hard to do. If we emulate what Dyche managed this season we will finish about 12th. Hopefully we can have better luck with injuries.

If we sack Dyche, I will be more worried.

I'm not sure they do, or certainly post Lampard they didnt.

They have to recruit well and it's hard to do. If we emulate what Dyche managed this season we will finish about 12th. Hopefully we can have better luck with injuries.

If we sack Dyche, I will be more worried.
I'd say they were , they also had much better "luck" with injuries.

This squad won't finish anywhere near 12th mate , even the bluest glasses can see that .

You know that figure is TV money don’t you? That we’re all entitled to, including us? Teams don’t get given £150m in prize money for getting promoted.
They do mate , and they can spend it . We can't, we are least attractive gig in the league an owner who thinks he's beetlegeuce, a chairman who still thinks its the 90s , bedsheet brigades and no money.

It's a harder season next year

any excuse
beetle-juice-its-showtime.gif

They do mate , and they can spend it . We can't, we are least attractive gig in the league an owner who thinks he's beetlegeuce, a chairman who still thinks its the 90s , bedsheet brigades and no money.

It's a harder season next year

Erm, no they don’t? The prize money for winning the Championship is £2m. We earned more in prize money for finishing 17th in the Premier League. Honestly, why are you making stuff up?

You know that figure is TV money don’t you? That we’re all entitled to, including us? Teams don’t get given £150m in prize money for getting promoted.
What he's saying is that they have money to spend they previously did not. He's forgetting about the fact that survival requires spending a lot of that towards the goal of turning a Championship side into a Prem side. There's always the yo-yo strategy of banking it, taking 20th and the parachute payments, but fewer clubs seem to do that these days. Reality is that the bottom of the Prem tends to be soft, of late.

That's us, so we do need a strategy to kick on by ten points or so. It seems obvious enough to me: keep the defense as intact as we can with expirings, and buy some goals. Bank on Dyche turning Lampard's 1-1s into 1-0s, and winning some 2-1s for a nice change of pace with the extra goals. Forest and Bournemouth seem vulnerable, so the immediate question is whether we can improve at the strategic level faster than they can, and send a promoted club back down with them.

Then it's just about how comfortably we can settle into midtable rather than being in a scrap.

What he's saying is that they have money to spend they previously did not. He's forgetting about the fact that survival requires spending a lot of that towards the goal of turning a Championship side into a Prem side. There's always the yo-yo strategy of banking it, taking 20th and the parachute payments, but fewer clubs seem to do that these days. Reality is that the bottom of the Prem tends to be soft, of late.

That's us, so we do need a strategy to kick on by ten points or so. It seems obvious enough to me: keep the defense as intact as we can with expirings, and buy some goals. Bank on Dyche turning Lampard's 1-1s into 1-0s, and winning some 2-1s for a nice change of pace with the extra goals. Forest and Bournemouth seem vulnerable, so the immediate question is whether we can improve at the strategic level faster than they can, and send a promoted club back down with them.

Then it's just about how comfortably we can settle into midtable rather than being in a scrap.

But we get the same £150m in TV money as them, because we’re in the same league? What he’s saying is they all somehow get this extra bonus £150m on arrival that we won’t get which just isn’t the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.