Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the gravity of the situation, you do wonder how the crowd would react to a mistake, a slip, an own goal, a clumsy tackle, an under hit pass from one of our own players, especially the later in the game it gets.

You also then wonder how our lions can handle that sort of pressure.
A Holgate last man red card at 28 minutes after Gana has already gifted an easy penalty is the stuff of dreams. Bad ones.

Dyche need to look at his tactics, this is not the time to defend a 0-0 draw. We need to go at Bournemouth from the off, take the game to them.

Have to say do not hold much hope being aware of the Dyche tactics here and back at Burnley.

I’ve got a feeling we will still go down, with Leicester staying up. Don’t trust the players available for the last game to get a win, and I can see a Leicester side with nothing to lose getting a win against a West Ham side who have one eye on a cup final.
I worry about the same scenario as you but I believe West Ham is going to play full strength. They need 1 full competitive match before their final and they are going to get that against Leicester. Not a scrimmage in training.

My gut feeling is last night's point for Leicester killed us. I've every confidence in a draw but not a win. Just have to pray WHU have one last shift in them, though I fully expect Leicester to pip us on GD.

Just can't get rid of this sick feeling. I'm trying not to imagine the indignity of trips to Accrington while our next home game at BMD gets shifted for the 17-squillionth time because the RS women (after LFC have bought our gargantuan debt like Bayern did for 1860) have a champions league match or something.

We put the pedal down with ten men against Spurs when one down

We went all out against a team who had just put 6 past a defensive Wolves and put five past them

We went for broke against a Leicester team on their own patch knowing one mistake and we were probably relegated

We took the game to Arsenal in the first half at a time when they were so good no one had even tried to challenge them remotely in the PL

Contrast that with the absolute cowardice seen by Leicester last night when they had an opportunity to get themselves out the relegation zone and played for all of five minutes to make it happen.

If any team ‘deserves’ to stay up its us based on just that alone. But we need to see the job through on Sunday.
The problem is we field the Keystone Cops in our side. The likes of Doucoure, Keane, Iwobi, Holgate, Gueye, and Onana are only mad to blunder, obliviously, into the most stupid or incompetent thing to do. There is no criticising them for lack of effort. We have fought to the end in many matches this season - Chelsea, Spurs, Wolves - but we're a Ben Godfrey backpass away from the Championship at all times on Sunday.

Dyche need to look at his tactics, this is not the time to defend a 0-0 draw. We need to go at Bournemouth from the off, take the game to them.

Have to say do not hold much hope being aware of the Dyche tactics here and back at Burnley.
Not sure which games we have sat back and defended for a 0-0...... under Lampard absolutely. Swear if he was some young foreign coach that come in with a big reputation that people would be praising how he has turned around some of the players and how much he has improved us.

My gut feeling is last night's point for Leicester killed us. I've every confidence in a draw but not a win. Just have to pray WHU have one last shift in them, though I fully expect Leicester to pip us on GD.

Just can't get rid of this sick feeling. I'm trying not to imagine the indignity of trips to Accrington while our next home game at BMD gets shifted for the 17-squillionth time because the RS women (after LFC have bought our gargantuan debt like Bayern did for 1860) have a champions league match or something.
I tend to think we'll go down on goal difference. I saw enough in Leicester last night to know they know they have, somehow, still one final free hit to stay up. Us? Any competent side would put away Bournemouth and drive the stake into the hearts of Leeds and Leicester, but I'm not remotely convinced we can handle that. We don't have the brain.

We put the pedal down with ten men against Spurs when one down

We went all out against a team who had just put 6 past a defensive Wolves and put five past them

We went for broke against a Leicester team on their own patch knowing one mistake and we were probably relegated

We took the game to Arsenal in the first half at a time when they were so good no one had even tried to challenge them remotely in the PL

Contrast that with the absolute cowardice seen by Leicester last night when they had an opportunity to get themselves out the relegation zone and played for all of five minutes to make it happen.

If any team ‘deserves’ to stay up its us based on just that alone. But we need to see the job through on Sunday.
Spot on mate.

Our attitude has been excellent since Dyche walked through the door. Just 7 losses out of 17 games under him. They've stuck in there apart from a handful of obvious games when they were outclassed - and even there we were in it for large parts of the games against Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa.

If we do get relegated on Sunday it wont be for the lack of heart, that's for sure.

The form we showed winning against Leeds, Brentofrd and Arsenal at home (two without DCL) will get us over the line.

he also wont want any unnecessary injuries.
They'll be playing at 80%, question is, is that enough.
Leicester will have to play on the front foot and that doesn't really suit them, especially against a bottom half team who'll try and counter away from home.
Nah. Did they look at 80% to you against Leeds? They went after Leeds from the monet they conceded and tried to rn up a 5-1 win if they could.

They have a decent squad West Ham. They can rotate and not lose that much quality attacking wise.

I tend to think we'll go down on goal difference. I saw enough in Leicester last night to know they know they have, somehow, still one final free hit to stay up. Us? Any competent side would put away Bournemouth and drive the stake into the hearts of Leeds and Leicester, but I'm not remotely convinced we can handle that. We don't have the brain.

...but you believe that 1 win in 15 games Leicester and 1 win in 9 games Leeds are going to waltz off with all 3 points on Sunday when they play teams way superior to them?

download (1).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.