Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their was no intent from them, of course im happy about it but i would of been raging if i was a Leicester fan watching that.
They didnt even try to press Newcastle or get on the ball.

Intent in the subs.

But yeah, I was baffled.

Perhaps easier said than done to contain for so long and then try and impose yourself on the game.

Reactions: JLW
…..I really don’t get this view. If Leicester had played as they have recently against a free flowing Newcastle they’d have been overrun. I thought Smith got it exactly right. They had to ride their luck but they stayed in the game & then came close to winning it in the last 15mins when Newcastle were holding on.

it was so nearly a huge success. Smith tried to pinch 3 points but even that point could well be good enough on the last day.
If they did get overrun last night and got beat what result would they need this weekend? A win (still doesn't guarantee safety)
They got a decent point, but what result do they need this weekend? A win (still doesn't guarantee safety)

If they got a win last night what result would they need the weekend? A defeat might be enough for safety.

If they did get overrun last night and got beat what result would they need this weekend? A win (still doesn't guarantee safety)
They got a decent point, but what result do they need this weekend? A win (still doesn't guarantee safety)

If they got a win last night what result would they need the weekend? A defeat might be enough for safety.
Needing us to draw instead of lose on the last day is a big difference - even an eternal pessimist like me can’t see us losing, unless we are going full throttle for a winner in the last 10 mins, which we wouldn’t need to have done if Leicester had lost

• Unsure
Reactions: JLW

My heads hurting with it all, keep thinking oh if only we'd beat Wolves away or Leicester away, just drew with Leicester at home, or beat Fulham at home or not conceded in 95th minute against Wolves to lose.

It's doing my head in

My heads hurting with it all, keep thinking oh if only we'd beat Wolves away or Leicester away, just drew with Leicester at home, or beat Fulham at home or not conceded in 95th minute against Wolves to lose.

It's doing my head in
Just win the weekend and we dont have to look at the other results mate, an early goal would be special.

I'm still baffled by Leicesters tactics looking for a point last night.
If they won they would be in the driving seat a draw or loss and they would still need to win this weekend regardless.
Me too. If i was a fan watching what they did, i would be going absolutely ballistic. Their one and only shot was something like 85th minute. Played purely for the draw hoping that another team lose their final game and they win theirs. Shockingly poor management that. They simply had to try and win the game and put themselves in the driving seat.

Is your Hammers mate David Moyes?
To be fair, my best mate is a West Ham fan and he’s saying the same. To be fair, they thought the same against Leeds. Rice will likely play, he seems like a lad who’ll want to play no matter what.

As we all know the tactics are completely different for shutting up shop and playing on the counter away from home as they are to having to take the game on open up and win at home.

That’s the position Leeds and Leicester are in now, they both wasted their chances to do what we did at Brighton and take pole position. Leicester cowardly so, Leeds just incompetently so.

They’ve now left themselves having to beat two of the better counterattacking teams in the league at home. They can’t afford to sit back, both of them have to come out and play and as we’ve seen when they do that they normally concede a lot.

It’s not a comfortable position for us by any stretch but you wouldn’t swap it for either of their positions. Imagine this place if w head to go into the final fixture needing to beat Spurs or West Ham at home, knowing that Leicester had Bournemouth at home and a win would mean your game didn’t matter anyway. The majority on here would have us relegated already.
We're here in the position of being in control because Dyche hammered into these players that no matter off days and whether you concede first, you stick in games and hand yourself a chance.

There's no way we'd have seen late equalisers against Chelsea, Spurs, Wolves under Lampard. Grinding out goals from unpromising / forlorn positions.

We need to acknowledge that the players have applied themselves and adapted well to a new manager's different instructions. They've been very disciplined since Dyche arrived and now they're rewarded by being handed a good chance of getting out of this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.