Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign a striker i'm not too worried, it wont be a good season at all but no danger

however, if Salmon and no legs DCL remain our strike force, panic stations imo

We played timidly in both and came out with no points.

That's exactly what relegation candidates do.

Getting beat by the odd goal is not a positive.

We didn’t play timidly at all

We were playing two better attacking sides so we decided to keep it tight and try to create chances

Sadly we didn’t have the attacking firepower of our own to take them and what should have been two creditable draws became two defeats

There’s no need to panic just yet

If we don’t get the striker and midfielder we need then fair enough

Chelsea needed a penalty to beat us and Villa Ultimately won due to the fact they had an actual striker on the pitch and we didn’t

Lampard gets Rondon on sooner and I think we take a point today at least

Panicking won’t help right now

We need to be wary of course, but we’ve got some time till the window closes and I think Lampard will be very forceful in getting across the urgency for these signings, and I also think Thelwell will agree with him

We didn’t play timidly at all

We were playing two better attacking sides so we decided to keep it tight and try to create chances

Sadly we didn’t have the attacking firepower of our own to take them and what should have been two creditable draws became two defeats

There’s no need to panic just yet

If we don’t get the striker and midfielder we need then fair enough

Chelsea needed a penalty to beat us and Villa Ultimately won due to the fact they had an actual striker on the pitch and we didn’t

Lampard gets Rondon on sooner and I think we take a point today at least

Panicking won’t help right now

We need to be wary of course, but we’ve got some time till the window closes and I think Lampard will be very forceful in getting across the urgency for these signings, and I also think Thelwell will agree with him
If that striker is Adams he can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

And Villa's attack btw is not top draw. Playing 3 CB against them was the issue.

None of the strikers linked are decent
In fairness I've liked most of the links to strikers we've had all Summer, Broja, Dennis, Cornet, Terrier, Ajorque and others would all be very good signings for us. Think we're looking like we're getting Guirassy who's got 10+ goals in his last 2 seasons. We're never getting near anyone that'll score more than 15 goals a season, fair enough but Richy only scored 10 last season and was very good. In this team their overall play will probably matter more than their goalscoring stats which is more than fine with me.

Look at today, Rondon at this stage of his career is an objectively poor player that doesn't have a whole lot of output to offer but he's an actual striker and does the job of one which allows the rest of the team to do their own jobs. If this team is visually better with an old lump up front then surely it'd improve further with an option with age, mobility and the ability to play 90 minutes on his side. Even the likes of Che Adams who I seen linked recently isn't exactly an inspiring player to look at but he chips in with a few goals and does the job of a forward.

Almost anyone we bring in will improve this team massively, it'll be a bonus if they're individually good too, which I think will be the case. Guirassy and another that can also play wide is more than good enough for me and I think will certainly see us in no danger this year.

Might come in handy for some

05F46B41-C2A0-41F0-8D0E-C3477E847B37.jpeg

O and on Monday I hope Palace win, even if it does drop us into the zone, we have been there before and dealt with it, and will do it again no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.