Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa fan in peace. Just lurking from Friday afternoon boredom and hope you don't mind me posting. I have a soft spot for Everton, a proper club with a lot of similarities with Villa, and I really hope you stay up. But if you do go down then I promise all is not lost. When we went down we'd been rotten for several seasons, and it was a chance to reset and detox, clear out the deadwood and start again. The championship can be a lot of fun, more competitive, less money obsessed (on the face of it anyway) and it’s likely you’ll compete at the top end of the table, when every game means something, every team is desperate to beat you (always makes winning sweeter) and you’re looking up the table rather than down. Villa’s ten game winning run to reach the playoffs, Grealish destroying defences single handedly and seeing my lad’s face at the final whistle against Derby in the play off final are all amongst my very favourite Villa memories. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.
It won’t be fun

I like your posts but I find this to be a fatuous comment.

If we do eventually go down (big if) then it will be defeats to the likes of Southampton and Bournemouth that did it, not a loss to a top 4 side.

We were never going to be able to compete with Newcastle.
Thank you and I don’t disagree with your sentiments, we’re all in the trenches hoping for the same outcome. However, I do think some realism is warranted as we are atrocious bad.

We don’t deserve to stay up.

I think that's the one thing that would force me to walk away. If they got the ground it would be utterly unbearable.
I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility for it to become an option for them, but I do wonder if their fans would be up for it. Anfield is an incredibly intimidating stadium and they'd have evey reason to be concerned that would be lost. They'll continue to redevelop that.

I just think the stadium will sit unfinished for a while

We are mate, it just doesn’t happen. These last 5 games are where the big teams rise, we’ve got 5 games to go, as long as we support and don’t turn we’ll be okay. It doesn’t look good right now but those last few games will be essential and the last 2 will be against teams on their holidays.
We're not a big team.

Villa fan in peace. Just lurking from Friday afternoon boredom and hope you don't mind me posting. I have a soft spot for Everton, a proper club with a lot of similarities with Villa, and I really hope you stay up. But if you do go down then I promise all is not lost. When we went down we'd been rotten for several seasons, and it was a chance to reset and detox, clear out the deadwood and start again. The championship can be a lot of fun, more competitive, less money obsessed (on the face of it anyway) and it’s likely you’ll compete at the top end of the table, when every game means something, every team is desperate to beat you (always makes winning sweeter) and you’re looking up the table rather than down. Villa’s ten game winning run to reach the playoffs, Grealish destroying defences single handedly and seeing my lad’s face at the final whistle against Derby in the play off final are all amongst my very favourite Villa memories. Best of luck for the remainder of the season.
I think that for most teams in our position a detox in the championship for a season wouldn’t be a bad thing.

I think the real concern behind it is that we are so badly run that our status won’t carry us through the championship as it does with a lot of clubs that bounce back.

We will likely stay with a manager who will have us mid table at best. There is no evidence of any improvement in our transfer structure and the financial situation will restrict us from just buying our way out.

Currently it is difficult to see any redeeming feature about this club that makes anyone think we will do anything other than flounder in the lower leagues for a long time.

Leicester before their comeback against Wolves had taken 1 point out of a possible 27. Prior to beating Brighton, Forest had taken 2 points from a possible 27.

We just need that one win to get us going. Leicester is a massive opportunity.
Yes, and if we do win it might give us the momentum for what's coming. Wolves and Bournemouth are no better than Everton and Brighton seem to be slipping. We're not literally bad, we're just inconsistent.

Yes, and if we do win it might give us the momentum for what's coming. Wolves and Bournemouth are no better than Everton and Brighton seem to be slipping. We're not literally bad, we're just inconsistent.
Couldn't agree more.

We just need to get ahead in a game, get a bit of confidence and see where it leads us.

We are crap but so are the teams around us.

I just want us to take it to the last game and rely on our fans.

It’s not bullshit mate, for decades midtable clubs have got safe in the league and then put in half arsed performances

We are total crap though so we’d have to raise our game again
We weren't totally crap against Spurs and Palace and we were even a bit competitive against Newcastle for 70 minutes.

And we have an Ex-Factor in DCL. He looks OK.

Just no goals in this team i like can still be positive really hope can do it. Just no attacking quality at all in this teqm 25 goals says it all. Just really hit home for me after the game i have tried being positive thinking they will turn up this set of players dont have the fight

Again, WE DON’T WIN AWAY, 3 wins in 35 away games over the past 2 seasons

Bournemouth - are they good enough to beat Leeds tomorrow?

Wolves look more like a team again.

Brighton have lost twice in their last 13 games! I'd call that consistent.

3 wins in 35 away games? I'd call that consistent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.