Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it but I think we've had it. The whole club needs a complete reset. Not many players can hold their heads up - and the quicker we can shift 95% of them the better. There's going to be a lot of changes. Let's try to maintain some dignity as supporters if and when the unthinkable does happen and remember we all represent our club. Take our punishment and rebuild better. UTFT.

Growing to like the idea of the championship.

Reading that Newcastle are doping their shirt deals and that man United could be bought for £5billion....

It's a rigged game.

We are gone. I've been an Evertonian for over 45 years and these past years have been like watching an elderly parent deteriorate to the point were you know it's only a matter of time, and that time has come.

The future is unknown. I've no idea what an Everton team looks like in the EFL. I'm in shock. The fact we didn't go down years ago under Kenwright is soley down to the spirit, reputation and history of the club.

We talk about teams like Man.City, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa and Leeds, as being teams who have witnessed relegation, but those clubs (except Villa) were never flush with success or recognised as one of the big 5 when they were relegated. We have fell from a great height. Our peers were Liverpool, Man.Utd, Arsenal and Spurs, when Kenwright took over. Those four clubs have continued to to stay at the top.
What Kenwright has been allowed to do to Everton Football Club is criminal.

We have a generation of fans who have known nothing but Kenwrights Everton. The Everton I know, the Everton that our Dads, Grandads and great Grandads knew and helped to build is unrecognizable to me today. One man, and only one man, is responsible. The Bill Kenwright version of Everton has been neglected beyond comprehension.
He took over Everton, knowing full well he didn't have the resourcers to be the clubs custodian, but he had his train set, his vehicle to further satiate his need for limelight. He has bypassed golden opportunitues to do the right thing by the club and fans, delivered nothing but lies and false promises, sold the best English talent we have produced for buttons, sold some great players to keep the banks away, all so he can keep his grubby hands on the keys. He didn't us a billionaire. He found a fool with money who would line his pockets and at the same time allow him to keep the keys and continue to take a wedge of money out of the club. We stood and watched, year on year, knowing what he was. Sorry for the rant.

You dont have to march to protest against them.

They're almost gone. I expect them to be gone in the summer.

Almost certainly the club will be sold either partially or whole soon in any case. If it's not that Moshiri will replace them...which is what alltogethernow / NSNONow have been requesting of him.
I wish this were true but I don’t see any signs to suggest otherwise

We are gone. I've been an Evertonian for over 45 years and these past years have been like watching an elderly parent deteriorate to the point were you know it's only a matter of time, and that time has come.

The future is unknown. I've no idea what an Everton team looks like in the EFL. I'm in shock. The fact we didn't go down years ago under Kenwright is soley down to the spirit, reputation and history of the club.

We talk about teams like Man.City, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa and Leeds, as being teams who have witnessed relegation, but those clubs (except Villa) were never flush with success or recognised as one of the big 5 when they were relegated. We have fell from a great height. Our peers were Liverpool, Man.Utd, Arsenal and Spurs, when Kenwright took over. Those four clubs have continued to to stay at the top.

We have a generation of fans who have known nothing but Kenwrights Everton. The Everton I know, the Everton that our Dads, Grandads and great Grandads knew and helped to build is unrecognizable to me today. One man, and only one man, is responsible. The Bill Kenwright version of Everton has been neglected beyond comprehension.
He took over Everton, knowing full well he didn't have the resourcers to be the clubs custodian, but he had his train set, his vehicle to further satiate his need for limelight. He has bypassed golden opportunitues to do the right thing by the club and fans, delivered nothing but lies and false promises, sold the best English talent we have produced for buttons, sold some great players to keep the banks away, all so he can keep his grubby hands on the keys. He didn't us a billionaire. He found a fool with money who would line his pockets and at the same time allow him to keep the keys and continue to take a wedge of money out of the club. We stood and watched, year on year, knowing what he was. Sorry for the rant.

I've been saying this for years to deaf ears about Kenwright. And yes, this is actually the first time where I think we'll be relegated. The only blessing in disguise would be if Kenwright finally goes. At least then there'd be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Its about ‘belonging’. You have to have that culture from the board to the players. The likes of Onana, Doucoure, Gueye dont belong to the club. They have no concern. You have to have a culture.

It's coming at exactly the wrong time.

If we'd got a striker in last summer we could have got through this season and probably the next, by which time that stadium would be coming on stream and Moshiri would have sold the club on.

I dont expect relegation to be the worst of it for us now. There'll be a financial meltdwon and we'll be down in the Championship for years waiting for academy grown talent plus astute purchases and a manager gifted enough to make it all work....and the fans will be downbeat and disorientated for years.

By the way - blaming Marcel Brands for all of this is one hell of a take, I must say lol
We'll get money for, what, 4 of the 16 I listed? How do you look at our financial issues and not think he was a massive part of the problem? The only one we sold for more than we bought was Digne ffs. His default spend was to throw 20m around like it was going out of style.

And I didn't say he was solely to blame. I was inferring his recruitment was beyond abysmal which has led us to not being able to sign anyone because we haven't sold anyone for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.