Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will any of yous actually watch the prem while we're in the championship? If Everton aren't in it, I literally can't imagine caring what happens in another division. Never followed the champions league or any of that nonsense, don't think I'll be watching the prem at all next year tbh
I think I'd actually enjoy the football for the first time in years. I thought I'd fallen out of love with the game but I enjoyed the world cup. I realized it's a great game when you don't care who wins.

if the football club was run correctly and there was direction then these campaign groups wouldn’t exist, there is only so much fans can take when putting their life and soul into the club as well as there hard earned cash.

These owner/board have dealt us Rafael Benitez Sam Allardyce, Rondon Tosun and many many others, for that alone the should be forced out of this football club.
Stevie Wonder could recognise who the cuprit is - and that group has never targetted him specifically, just the puppets he surrounded himself with.

Protest groups are needed. But they - like KEIOC and the Blue Union - need to be democratic and not a social media army of people who's strings are pulled by a few people.

There's abolutley no way a structured fan organisation would have taken the insane self-destrcutive actions that lot have done this season in the teeth of a relegation fight that we were always going to struggle to overcome...not in a million years.

C
I know what you are saying mate when I was in business( admittedly not football) we would reduce the value of fixed assets by 25% per year .
Now if you took the McNiel deal in isolation it would be a negative on the books.
If you took the list I quoted overall we would show a profit on all bar 4 signings
Maupay. McNeil Godfrey.and Gana.
In DCL and Pickfords case we would show a healthy profit and not forgetting a 45 million profit on Gordon
It's swings and roundabouts really and at the end of the day a player is only really worth what someone is willing to pay.
I think Pickford is the big one for making a profit, he will be worth a few quid and his book value can't be that much, albeit he did renew his contract. DCL is the difficult one for Everton. I just can't see any team paying the fee that his value 'should' be. With injuries he would be way too high a risk, I can see DCL going out on loan with an obligation to buy if he play X games for the club. With a bit of luck u will avoid relegation and won't have to make these decisions while under pressure to reduce salaries etc

Don't worry about Goodison hosting its last games in the championship as if we do get relegated BMD will not be completed and will end up looking like a half finished council estate. Meanwhile Goodison will be falling apart just like the rest of the club.
That's the big worry if we were to go down this season - how do we fund the stadium?

And how much longer will Goodison be allowed to continue hosting matches? It's falling to bits already.

Just been checking the Championship, get a feel for where we'll be travelling to. Just noticed you need about 60 points to just scrape into the top 10 lol

So we'd need about 15 wins and 15 draws Just to get into the top 10!
It’s a tough league isn’t it mate, Reading are on 43 points with a couple of games to spare and in the relegation zone. If we do get points deducted, we might need to get close to 60 points to stay up. Yes, that rabble to get that many points.

It's only 2 points. There is an awful lot of football left yet, it's. It not over.

The worse thing that can happen now is for the fans to abandon the team. We are the catalyst. It won't happen every game but we can be worth 2 points extra between now and the end of the season. Keep the faith.

It’s a tough league isn’t it mate, Reading are on 43 points with a couple of games to spare and in the relegation zone. If we do get points deducted, we might need to get close to 60 points to stay up. Yes, that rabble to get that many points.

Yep, frightening really mate. We've got a team of bottlers and who aren't very good. Nowhere near enough quality to sustain a push in the Championship.

It's only 2 points. There is an awful lot of football left yet, it's. It not over.

The worse thing that can happen now is for the fans to abandon the team. We are the catalyst. It won't happen every game but we can be worth 2 points extra between now and the end of the season. Keep the faith.

Yeah, if it wasn't for the fans, we'd have lost 5-1 last night instead of 4-1.

Forget it mate, the squad isn't good enough and that's why we're getting relegated. Top-level professional sportsmen don't need their fans to drag them over the line.

Agreed.

It's not an option.

There's no way on this earth that we'd fair the same as Leeds or Portsmouth if we went down this season - things would be ten times worse.
I think the key point of returning to PL is our youth team player. We will sell most of our first team players to pay the debt. We will not have much to spend…and we also have to persuade some players to cut their salary to fight for returning.
Thus, I just want to know how much we need to avoid the bankrupt? If it is 1.5b to 2b, it seems we will have after selling the pkayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.