Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of top teams these days have an actual set piece coach, we had one in Davide Ancelotti when he was here and it showed. Do we have one now? doesn't seem like it.
From what happened last season, it does appear that quite a bit of guidance is needed in defending set pieces. Given the closeness of results in so many games, eliminating major errors at set pieces can make quite a difference in points at the end of the season...

From what happened last season, it does appear that quite a bit of guidance is needed in defending set pieces. Given the closeness of results in so many games, eliminating major errors at set pieces can make quite a difference in points at the end of the season...
I’d love to know the stats on how many more points we’d have had if we hadn’t conceded every other game from a set piece. As much as there was a lot wrong with last season, that was the one constant throughout Benitez and Lampard’s time that urgently needs fixing.

It is bed wetting to say we are doomed before a ball is kicked.

It's not bed wetting to say we are probably going to be relegation contenders and in a scrap at the bottom

It's delusion to think a weaker squad than last season is going to do significantly better and fight in the top half.
I think we’re weirdly stronger than last season but just have zero depth. Looking at our first team right now-
Tarkowski > Keane
Myko now established after ropey start
Patterson better than Coleman if using wing backs
Dele should be able to make up for Richarlisons loss in goals and assists
Gordon another year more experienced
DCL hopefully not injured all year

Big negatives are absolutely no depth and Allan another year on the clock

I think we’re weirdly stronger than last season but just have zero depth. Looking at our first team right now-
Tarkowski > Keane

I think that is underestimating the loss of Richarlison to be honest

The majority of top teams these days have an actual set piece coach, we had one in Davide Ancelotti when he was here and it showed. Do we have one now? doesn't seem like it.
It has been Paul Clement since Frank came in, but this season Ashley Cole will be responsible for set piece training.
"This year fellow coach Ashley Cole will take on oversight of this area - a role of continuing importance after three pre-season games in which defending corners has been an issue for the Blues."

I was waiting for you to start.

Apology accepted.
Looks like you are obviously a stirrer.

This is the original post to which I replied:

Our squad is both absolutely awful, and threadbare. We are showing no signs of improvement on the pitch (conceding from nearly every set piece we defend for instance), and there are no signs of any new recruits to improve the side coming in. Every single other side, including those around us, and those that have come up from the division below have improved their squads. We escaped the drop by a whisker last term, and are weaker this time around due to losing our best player. How is worrying about this 'bed wetting' exactly?

And my reply with regard to our frailty in defending set pieces: Are we the only team ever to concede from set pieces?

And then you jump in. Something wrong with you, Mr. Stirrer? Just go away...

Looks like you are obviously a stirrer.

This is the original post to which I replied:

And my reply with regard to our frailty in defending set pieces: Are we the only team ever to concede from set pieces?

And then you jump in. Something wrong with you, Mr. Stirrer? Just go away...

What other teams do has nothing to do with Everton not defending well at set pieces. Its clear we dont.

But dont worry your head about it. Have a cuppa and relax.

It has been Paul Clement since Frank came in, but this season Ashley Cole will be responsible for set piece training.
"This year fellow coach Ashley Cole will take on oversight of this area - a role of continuing importance after three pre-season games in which defending corners has been an issue for the Blues."
I'm glad it's not Clement tbh as I'm not a fan, he was just Carlo's stooge for a long time then when he did have a go on his own he failed spectacularly.

Tarkowski > Keane

Overestimating Dele's influence, he's looked poor other than the Blackpool game.

What other teams do has nothing to do with Everton not defending well at set pieces. Its clear we dont.

But dont worry your head about it. Have a cuppa and relax.
You haven't a clue about how to actually fdiscuss things, have you?

Stop making a fool of yourself with your silly posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.