Released list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a feeling that they are trying to get the Zouma deal done before making a call on Jagielka. If we can't get Zouma then Jags will stay and fill that gap with Holgate.

USA has spent the last 15 months giving caps to any American player with a pulse because they didn’t have any competitive matchups. They didn’t even have a permanent coach for almost a year. It doesn’t mean much that Robinson played for the national team.
It actually does in this particular instance b/c the US is completely devoid of any senior level left back.

USA has spent the last 15 months giving caps to any American player with a pulse because they didn’t have any competitive matchups. They didn’t even have a permanent coach for almost a year. It doesn’t mean much that Robinson played for the national team.

I've seen Robinson play several times for the Americans. He has some gifts in the attack. Hasn't done as well with his defensive responsibilities. USA had a friendly with Brazil last fall. Douglas Costa clowned Robinson all night and went around him like a traffic cone for an easy goal. Granted it's Douglas Costa surrounded by other Brazil playmakers (no Richarlison that game). I think Robinson has raw skills and good mentality but needs more seasoning. Playing in the Championship he's not learning to defend against PL-quality wingers and strikers.

Have a feeling that they are trying to get the Zouma deal done before making a call on Jagielka. If we can't get Zouma then Jags will stay and fill that gap with Holgate.
Or they will go out and buy a replacement for Zouma and sell / loan Holgate and or GIBSON
Jags has a contract for another few weeks and is probably weighing up his options

It could just be paper talk, I think he is from the North West and as he is second choice for West Ham now, the rumours are he would rather be back in the North West, even if that means he is 2nd choice here as well

I would rather keep baines but we seem to be linked with cresswell

I agree, but I believe baines has offers from the MLS so might fancy giving it a go over there

I meant Ashley Williams, as his contract is up at the end of June.

I think given that the LB's from the u23s have not really impressed we are left with little option. I don't think he's great or anything, we just seem to be linked with him

Just keep Baines as back-up.

I trust Brands and Silva won’t waste money on a 30 years old who you said is a second choice lb of the 10th place team. Simply a waste of cash.

I think the released and retained list is published by 7th June at the latest. Hopefully Williams, Jagielka and Baines will be on it and there are a few u23s I expect to be on it probably Hewelt, Renshaw, Foulds, Kiersey, Bramall, Ouzounidis, Mathis and Charsley. Possibly Phillips, Mampala and Sambou although they may keep a couple of these just to make up the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.