Refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueclouds

Player Valuation: £35m
Cynical theory.

The premiership is the best in Europe due to the competition of 6 clubs who can win the title and a huge fight over the CL places. Do you recken the refs know this and that why they help the rich clubs to stay at the top to make the title more exciting.

i think it's mainly because added to their incompetence, the top 6 are the ones who moan the loudest, their managers are the ones who moan the loudest and that's where the most pressure comes from. Mark hughes moans constantly, but nobody really cares about southampton so the media never bangs on about it. Whereas if alex ferguson used to moan it'd be talked about for days on football analysis, spread over newspapers etc.

The whole set up is geared towards protecting the Sky favourites.

Not just the refs, it's the commentary/punditry. Look at the Sky setup yesterday- Carragher commentating on an Everton game with Souness in the studio, both talking tripe throughout.

It sounds like a conspiracy theory but when it's that obvious is it really one? Sky shouldn't be employing full time pundits when there's a conflict of interest.

The referees are the tip of the iceberg. There's corruption there, no doubt in my mind, but they're also just completely useless, so it's hard to identify when it's a corrupt official.

The top four clubs seem to get favourably decisions especially when they play at home, the influence of the home crowd is key...

With over 60,000 supporters shouting for the home team it has to be a huge advantage that puts enormous pressure on the man in black...

This has always been the case & I can not see it changing any time soon, making the most of home advantage
Is favored when attacking play is more prominent & the crowd are more raucous...

Var will eliminate some decisions that are bias towards the home team...

The whole set up is geared towards protecting the Sky favourites.

Not just the refs, it's the commentary/punditry. Look at the Sky setup yesterday- Carragher commentating on an Everton game with Souness in the studio, both talking tripe throughout.

It sounds like a conspiracy theory but when it's that obvious is it really one? Sky shouldn't be employing full time pundits when there's a conflict of interest.

The referees are the tip of the iceberg. There's corruption there, no doubt in my mind, but they're also just completely useless, so it's hard to identify when it's a corrupt official.
Actually thought Carragher's commentary was alright yesterday. It's Souness who chats shabbite more often than not and Jamie Redknapp is just utterly useless.

i think it's mainly because added to their incompetence, the top 6 are the ones who moan the loudest, their managers are the ones who moan the loudest and that's where the most pressure comes from. Mark hughes moans constantly, but nobody really cares about southampton so the media never bangs on about it. Whereas if alex ferguson used to moan it'd be talked about for days on football analysis, spread over newspapers etc.

Exactly this. Imagine if you reversed the tackle made by Mina and Jorginho - the media would be depicting Mina as a criminal for it, coming to English football and immediately trying to hurt people.

Instead, a cynical leg breaker of a two footed lunge has gone basically completely unmentioned.

Exactly this. Imagine if you reversed the tackle made by Mina and Jorginho - the media would be depicting Mina as a criminal for it, coming to English football and immediately trying to hurt people.

Instead, a cynical leg breaker of a two footed lunge has gone basically completely unmentioned.

I missed the game yesterday and only saw the foul mentioned by blues on here. Hasn't been mentioned. The game against united showed everything we needed to know about the refs. Take Martial's dive for the pen. If richarlison had done that, there is no way in hell we'd have got a pen.

They're not even good convincing dives but they don't need to be for the top 6. It's say a third of the RS' points this season have been the benefit of poor officiating. Its been five or six games it's helped them, whereas it's cost us in about four games. That's the gap between us right now.

Yep. This is it. Imagine if the arsenal offside goal against us had been scored against Liverpool.

We’d have had a week of stories in the papers about it, sky would have done an hour long special about it, every press conference for every club manager would have them being asked about it, and there’d be a campaign to introduce VAR mid-season.

As it was, it was mentioned by commentators at the time that it was offside and everyone moved on.

Referees know this, so are unconsciously biased to favour the Sky favourites, to avoid a media frenzy over a poor decision against the “top” teams.

...not a single Premier League referee was at the recent World Cup which probably says everything.
Absolutely right, in any other field if you are bad at your job you get sacked. If you are a referee you get a "Oh well its a hard job being a ref", incompetence on every level which won't be sorted until VAR is introduced and even then I don't trust them.

Status
Not open for further replies.