Reasons to be positive about this season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the wealthiest people on the planet owning the media, because of a global pandemic, have dained that I may watch a couple of the most boring looking Everton fixtures on free to air tv.

Although I regret having done so, I still see it as a positive that they made do on the meager crumbs of endless advertising rather than subscription too.

Oh and Carlo - to watch his eyebrows if nothing else.

Player wise:

???
??? Holgate Branthwaite Digne
??? ??? ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL
Two players better off since the restart.

Carlo Ancelotti.
Holgate coming on loads.
Jarrad looking potentially good.
DCL banging in 15 goals with this garbage midfield.
Richarlison.

That's it.

Let's be honest, it has been another huge disappointment - particularly to see Sheffield Utd and Burnley finish above us. Even Leicester who were below us last season... Also we will most likely finish outside of the top 10, however there have been some positives this season.

1: Appointing Carlo
2: Duncan getting his chance as caretaker manager
3: Richarlison and Holgate really starting to look the part. Possibly DCL too...
4: if we avoid defeat in our last two games, we will have taken points off of every team this season except for City.

Now granted that us only 4 things, but the last one shows we can at least compete with everyone despite being woeful a lot of the time.

What positives (if any) will you take out of the season?
Obviously the appointment of Carlo. How great is it to have a manager whose in-game plans don't start and end with A, and is prepared to dig out certain players and the team in general rather than pander to their delicate egos. Hopefully it will make the board realise Carlo won't hang around if they don't get him the players he deserves.

How Holgate has really come on and what a great buy Branthwaite seems to have been. I can already hear the rustle of chequebooks but hopefully we'll be able to keep him.

Given the fact that I've been able to watch every game live on my TV, and that I always look forward to the next game regardless of the last performance, the fact that there are only two games left!

The fact that the players have highlighted themselves which ones need to go by their dire performances, getting rid of the deadwood in the squad will be a massive achievement.

I was thinking last night if we could do the double over anyone. Thankfully i can see we beat Watford at home, because i thought we drew in which case, thank god for walcott's last minute winner because not doing the double over anyone would have been embarrassing. As if losing to all of the bottom 3 (providing Watford stay up) wasn't bad enough.

Its nearly over and we've got ancelotti. They're the only positives I can see from this season.

Hopefully another positive will show in the future where we look back on this period as the difficult bit on the road to becoming a proper good side. Like, city when they bought a load of mercenaries who couldn't be arsed. Only difference was their mercenaries had ability.

We’ve been replaced with a couple of rolls of printed tarpaulin and a guy twiddling knobs on an fx box and I’m increasingly content with this arrangement.

I was thinking last night if we could do the double over anyone. Thankfully i can see we beat Watford at home, because i thought we drew in which case, thank god for walcott's last minute winner because not doing the double over anyone would have been embarrassing. As if losing to all of the bottom 3 (providing Watford stay up) wasn't bad enough.
18 points from the bottom 3 should be the bare minimum every season.

The most positive thing for me is that at last the myth that Everton players found it hard getting motivated at Goodison because of us, the paying customers, has been well and truly debunked.

These behind closed doors performances have been more lifeless than most we have seen when the Old Lady has been packed to the rafters.
This x100. Our fans put up with absolute dross and still fill the ground home and away. We are an easy fanbase to please, if you make an effort our fans appreciate it.

A single tackle can get the ground going. Makes me fume when pundits peddle the lie we are hard to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.