Really weird Everton match

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Man City match at Goodison 2 or 3 years ago to stop Liverpool winning the league. We all wanted to win the game but if city beat us it was a feeling of never mind lets just win next week instead! Weirded atmosphere at Goodison I've ever witnessed that game!
Any evertonian who wanted us to win that game is a weirdo and has no concept of the rivalry with the sh1te . A meaningless 3 points in the grand scheme of things and helping 'them' win the title in the process ? Sorry but not for me . I gave my ticket away and went On a 2 day bender when city won .

Everton 3 Arsenal 1, first home game of the 91/92 season and we absolutely murdered the reigning champions. It should have been six or seven at least. I watched it perched sideways on a seat in the street end that must have been designed for someone with detachable legs.
Mark Ward the new hero of the Street end that night:)

Any evertonian who wanted us to win that game is a weirdo and has no concept of the rivalry with the sh1te . A meaningless 3 points in the grand scheme of things and helping 'them' win the title in the process ? Sorry but not for me . I gave my ticket away and went On a 2 day bender when city won .
Martin Tyler is still receiving counselling over this;)lol

Anyone remember a game circa 1980 at home to Ipswich?

We were trailing 3-0, I think, to the very good Ipswich side which was pipped by Villa for the Title a year later.

Paul Mariner then scored a great goal and every Everton fan in the ground rose to applaud him :)

A few weeks later Ipswich came back to town in the Cup quarter final and we turned the tables ;)
The goal I have in mind was scored by Gates at the Park End,they were a fabulous team and rinsed us 4-0,wouldn't have given us a carrot of a chance for the cup game but we were fantastic that day,2-1,happy days,funny old game and all that!!

United game around 2002 at Goodison

0-3 down after 40 mins in the pissing rain. We had the ball for about 20 passes and the crowd where giving it 'ole'. Seemed to cheer everyone up and we pulled it back to 3-3, only for Van Nistelrooy to score in the last minute..

Yeah good call, that was a crazy fightback, I swear leaving Goodison after that it was the quiestest I have ever heard it, pure shocked silence all over the place.

Another was when they had won the title and were gettin presented last game of the season at Goodison, we need a result to get into a European spot and they made no effort for an hour, Kev had put us one up and we then lost to a team he wasn't even interested and had been on the booze all week!

That game some thirteen years ago against Tottingham where Brian McBride and Espen Baardsen made their debuts. Mcbride scored a brace and Radzinski I think scored another. We were a shoo-in to win except for that clown in goal that kept letting in soft goals and causing us to lose 3-4.
The weird part for me was seeing this complete stranger come into our team from nowhere and completely botch it up for us.

Weird/favourite game was that 3-3 draw with United in 2010. Never left a game early and never will. Seeing Arteta smash home that goal in the 93rd minute was an unforgettable moment. Only to be trumped by Moyes sprinting at Martin Atkinson when he blew the whistle on Jags counter attack.

Problem is now that if we're ever 2 goals down as the clock hits 90, I'm always greeted with the disillusion we'll get a draw at least!

Weird/favourite game was that 3-3 draw with United in 2010. Never left a game early and never will. Seeing Arteta smash home that goal in the 93rd minute was an unforgettable moment. Only to be trumped by Moyes sprinting at Martin Atkinson when he blew the whistle on Jags counter attack.

Problem is now that if we're ever 2 goals down as the clock hits 90, I'm always greeted with the disillusion we'll get a draw at least!
And coming out of the St. End at the end to see some gobshite trying to be clever and drive his car along Gwladys Street just before the final whistle.

It was on this day in '93 that Efan Ekoku dry bummed us all.

The strange thing about that game is that Norwich Supporters finished 3rd in the amount of Supporters present that day, Sunderland had their game called off a bit late in the day at Tranmere & so decided to pack out the 'arl Park End seeing as they'd all travelled.

When we lost 4-2 away at QPR in about 1993. We had Southall sent off and then Rideout sent off, 9 men and then 3-0 down by HT. In the second half, a brilliant Beardsley inspired us to play one touch pass and move and we got it back to 3-2, with two goals from Stuart Barlow of all people. It was no exaggeration to say that we played QPR off the pitch. Ablett missed a free header from a corner to make it 3-3. QPR were all over the place. Deep in injury time, QPR broke away to make it 4-2. After the game, walking away from the ground, all I could hear was QPR fans going "phew, can't believe we won that"!!. Everton fans that afternoon, sang and cheered their hearts out and tried to suck the third goal into the net. Mental game.

The 95 semi when amo subbed himself onto the pitch and then go onto notch 2 goals sending us to Wembley and ruining everyone's dream final of Utd V Spurs

Reactions: Ivo
Status
Not open for further replies.