'Realistic' summer targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta10

Player Valuation: £10m
Ive been trying, and failing, to think of a couple of players that we could bring in in the summer who would;
1) improve the team/squad
2) be realistically affordable
3) add a bit of hunger and excitement to a squad that i think has just gone a little stale in the past 9 months

At the start of the season we were all talking about having a squad that could challenge for top 4 if they could find the consistency but losing Pienaar and a few players losing form has flipped this over
I hate to sound suicidally negative but we've gone from a team very much on the up with an improving squad that nobody wanted to leave, to a team that are looking like they will have to sell some of their best assets in the summer

But its not just us, Spurs on a slightly different scale are experiencing the same thing
Being knocked out of Europe and failing to nail down that 4th place for next season means theyre going to have to sell some of their top players, even though it was only a few months ago that Redknapp was saying they were one or two signings away from being title contenders

Anyway, i still havent found any players that im 100% convinced with, but a couple of options could possibly be

Matt Jarvis/Kevin Doyle - would take Doyle for his goals and enthusiasm, wasnt convinced with Jarvis on Saturday but hes meant to be one for the future

Lee chung yong - Not sure how much Bolton would want for him but i rate him as a tricky winger

Charlie Adam? - I know everyone in the premiership is in for him and therefore its almost impossible that we will get him...BUT his agent IS moyesies brother and i really think he would be a massive signing for us if we could get him, without having to break the bank

Chris Eagles? - Not convinced but Moyesie has pulled this sort of gem from the Championship before

Kevin Nolan - despite the fact that hes getting on i could definitely see him offering us something for a few more years

Mark Albrighton - Young villa midfielder, would love us to have a look at a few of their squad if they went down

Mark Noble - scores goals from midfield for west ham and is only young, would take him if they go down

Chris Brunt - scored 2 goals against the RS...all you need to know

As ive said im not convinced with any of these players, but sadly they seem the only realistic targets that i can think of

Lee at Bolton impresses me but hasn't he signed a new contract? I think he would cost a lot more than we have. Jarvis is a good shout.

Ive been trying, and failing, to think of a couple of players that we could bring in in the summer who would;
1) improve the team/squad
2) be realistically affordable
3) add a bit of hunger and excitement to a squad that i think has just gone a little stale in the past 9 months

At the start of the season we were all talking about having a squad that could challenge for top 4 if they could find the consistency but losing Pienaar and a few players losing form has flipped this over
I hate to sound suicidally negative but we've gone from a team very much on the up with an improving squad that nobody wanted to leave, to a team that are looking like they will have to sell some of their best assets in the summer

But its not just us, Spurs on a slightly different scale are experiencing the same thing
Being knocked out of Europe and failing to nail down that 4th place for next season means theyre going to have to sell some of their top players, even though it was only a few months ago that Redknapp was saying they were one or two signings away from being title contenders

Anyway, i still havent found any players that im 100% convinced with, but a couple of options could possibly be

Matt Jarvis/Kevin Doyle - would take Doyle for his goals and enthusiasm, wasnt convinced with Jarvis on Saturday but hes meant to be one for the future

Lee chung yong - Not sure how much Bolton would want for him but i rate him as a tricky winger

Charlie Adam? - I know everyone in the premiership is in for him and therefore its almost impossible that we will get him...BUT his agent IS moyesies brother and i really think he would be a massive signing for us if we could get him, without having to break the bank

Chris Eagles? - Not convinced but Moyesie has pulled this sort of gem from the Championship before

Kevin Nolan - despite the fact that hes getting on i could definitely see him offering us something for a few more years

Mark Albrighton - Young villa midfielder, would love us to have a look at a few of their squad if they went down

Mark Noble - scores goals from midfield for west ham and is only young, would take him if they go down

Chris Brunt - scored 2 goals against the RS...all you need to know

As ive said im not convinced with any of these players, but sadly they seem the only realistic targets that i can think of

would take most of those and maybe that irish lad at reading, and shay given or friedel to put the pressure on tim howard

would take most of those and maybe that irish lad at reading, and shay given or friedel to put the pressure on tim howard

Given and Friedel will want first team football wherever they are. We could never offer them that.

I'm going easy on my heart this summer, so for that reason, I'm out

dragons_den.jpg

Just hope it's the Moutinho's and Cardozo's, not the 3 James's we're linked with this summer. Remember, it's out before in....

We couldn't afford any of those players listed.

possibly not, which is why i put 'realistic' in inverted comma's
remains to be seen how much money we get to spend tho doesnt it, especially if we offload someone for a bit of cash

someone posted a list players whose contracts are up in the summer. look no further than that unless we cash in on Rodwell or Fellaini

I think there's a good chance that Donovan will be back in January. I cant think of any championship players but we've always had success there so maybe we could grab 1 or 2. Don't think we'll get any Reading players as I think they can catch Norwich City for 2nd.

I also think if given a place to settle down for a couple seasons that Nugent could be a really good player. He's also the kind of player who's skill set (not dependent on pace) who could be effective well into his 30s.

Maybe a big money sign (for us that's in the 6-10M) range if Rodwell and/or Billy is sold.

Sturridge is going back to chelsea. Torres on loan????? :)

Here are some folks I think could help us:

Felipe Caicedo: Contract is up in June, I believe (if Transfermarkt is to be believed). Has gotten some playing time in Spain (11 goals in 21 appearances) since leaving Man City.
Jelle Vossen: Young, tearing up Belgium and would maybe help keep Felli around...might be a bit out of our price range
Maxi Lopez: Not having a great season in Italy, so we might be able to get him for a cut-rate price

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.