Real Steel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have much better ball players now who can pick decisive passes rather than hit and hope.

This is true mate, but i think even the best teams struggle to do it at times, Mordor and City come up against it all the time it requires confidence and patience. Leicester got severe breaks put on to them last year when teams cottoned on to their game plan.

There will always be the Sheff Utds and Burnleys of this world. Moyesy will come for a draw to.

Its coming in my opinion, so lets see how we get on, its going to be an important part of our development.

Allan is the key man for me he sets the tone, sets the play,builds the play & organises around him, he is the main force behind the new Everton.

The Duke is full of energy,drive & intestity that inspires others to put in a complete performance, he covers lots of ground & recovers lost causes.

Rodriguez supplies the inspiration & creativity & class that can unlock defences.

Gylfi did well when he came on yesterday i thought he had a settling effect, seems like its Gomes Vs Gylfi for that spot.

He did well when he came on Sigurdsson tbf

Gomes taking the ball off Keane yesterday before pinging that 40 yarder to Coleman on the wing in the goal build up are the things that will go unnoticed with him, he did it against West Brom last week. I think he enjoys playing that role and it suits him to the ground with us, he’s not expected to do everything in the middle anymore and he’s not overrun, just goes about his job effectively.

What? You mean this guy isn't the midfield enforcer we need?

tom-davies-issue-11-soccerbible_0001_shot_01_008.jpg

Gomes is just as important in the set up as those other two are, they do the nitty gritty stuff but Gomes is integral to the pass in play between defence and attack.

Exactly. There's no real comparison between him and Gylfi in there because the latter is lazy garbage who takes zero responsibility.

Look, we have seen these threads before for Schneiderlin/ Gueye. It's always nice when people can enjoy the moment, but if we go on a tough run of results Doucoure's touch is going to come under heavy scrutiny.

He did well when he came on Sigurdsson tbf

Gomes taking the ball off Keane yesterday before pinging that 40 yarder to Coleman on the wing in the goal build up are the things that will go unnoticed with him, he did it against West Brom last week. I think he enjoys playing that role and it suits him to the ground with us, he’s not expected to do everything in the middle anymore and he’s not overrun, just goes about his job effectively.

Its a great point on the releasing of pressure and responsibility on him, i think he will thrive. I noticed last week Carlo mentioned him and Jamo as shout out of firing the bullets for DCL and Richarlsion for 20 a season. Hes very much in Carlo esteem by the sound of it.

Key with these two is we don’t have to change them for games we want to take control and get on the front foot. They have that in the bag in spades too...

Does BBC have a Player option on its website?

Thanks yes ive tried before and it says "not available in your region".

We made both McArthur and McCarthy retreat and try and cover the space in between the lines. Richarlison and Jamo were making hay in the pockets dropping deep.

Eventually they were overrun in the midfield channel, while Allan and Doucoure starevd them of ball and couldnt penetrate, then pressed high. To be fair Jamo, DCL and Richarlison were great pressing to. Zaha was dropping into central midfield to try and get on the ball or do his best pressing. Exactly were you want him.

Funny thing when hodgson took off Eze and elected to throw on the 2 forwards. Conceded midfield to us.

Its something we have traditionally struggled with mate, two deep banks of four. Not saying we cant, just its something we haven't always been great at. I expect Brighton to do it next week.

Though Potter likes to play a bit of ball to be fair to him.

Brighton will try to play i think and potter looks to be a very good coach. Lamptey will be facing James and Digne...could be interesting.

We have much better ball players now who can pick decisive passes rather than hit and hope.

If a team parks the bus we have several players who can take long shots + richarlison who would dribble into the box + doucoure who would be a battering ram.

Also height from set pieces

Spot on about the midfield.

Id also like to add that Coleman, Richarlison and the soon (hopefully) to return Holgate also have the same kind of profiles in their respective positions and of course Mina throws his head in places others wouldnt put a boot towards and James of course has the snide.

All a very different change of pace for us.

Tried to find this on youtube...any suggestions?

Those 2 are tackle machines though and can definitely put teams off their game in the middle.

The funny part of the 2nd half was when we had 30 odd passes around the pitch without any attempted tackles being made.

Can you get BBC Iplayer? I could get it on my computer and TV, you need to sign up though.

Last edited:
Gomes is just as important in the set up as those other two are, they do the nitty gritty stuff but Gomes is integral to the pass in play between defence and attack.
Obviously still big question marks over Gbamin
But I do feel he’s the most natural number 6 in the squad. Allan seemed to do his best work for Napoli on the right of a 2 or 3. He’s a bit like Gana, in terms going after the opposition, though he’s more disciplined imo and better on tge ball.

This is not a complaint lol, and I think Richarlison is fantastic, and will be world class there’s no doubt. But I feel when he plays wide and he so wants to help the team, that he drift to deep and that effects his Game , surely with 3 midfielders he wouid be able to leave the right back and drift into the space behind him and support DCL. The odd occasion he did James put him through on goal.

I’m thinking a diamond system could work best moving forward, Gbamin at the base, Allan Right, Doucoure/Gomes left and James at the top
And Richarlison and DCL up top.

Status
Not open for further replies.