Real Steel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dedicated to Allan and Doucoure, simply put brilliant and an absolute joy watching last season.

Its a simple game, you can sign all the quality players in the world but central midfield is the most important area of the pitch in my opinion. If you dont win the battle in there and establish a foundation in the game to trigger your quality players you dont win games in the premier league. I would argue we haven't had a proper midfield since Barry and McCarthy and our results would indicate that.

Yesterday was a big test for me, both would likely be underrated on here but both McCarthy and McArthur are two of the most tenacious and high energy midfielders in the PL. They knock teams of their groove and piled drived Utd the week before in an immense performance and midfield master class. Yesterday was a massive test of the real steel of Allan and Doucoure.

I wached both very closely and they were both mega, Doucoure was awesome, massively important, engine, energy, mobility, transition, physicality, tenacity, presence, work rate, support play, leadership all in the duality of playing in the defensive and offensive areas of the pitch, one of those players you miss immensely if hes not there.

Allan was pepetual motion from the first minute to the last. He never dropped off. It was the last 10 mins yesterday that he really impressed me and Palace were pushing for the equalizer. Holding and leading the shape, keeping up with the play, tenacity, running like it was the first ten mins, i was thinking of all the concerns about him being 29 on here. Real leadership, its infectious.

Both set the tone for the team, the tempo of the game, lead in decision making and by example. Its infectious and enabling.

You look at the secondary benefits, they give the offensive line the foundation to play and we have seen a big increase of out put of our offensive line, DCL, Jamo and Richarlsion bringing home increased returns.

You look at defense, Keane and Mina looking assured, Digne and Coleman (reborn) have the security of bombing forward knowing they can and will be covered.

Him and Allan are a brilliant combo. Brilliant squad assessment and recruitment, their signings have strengthened every line. Their impact is immeasurable, their leadership guiding, enabling and confidence building. Other players around them are getting better and developing. Both are a joy after last season.

Its going to be interesting to see how far it can take us.............

Finally we have real steel.

A difficult tug but I managed in the end

Didnt see match of the day mate, just the game yesterday, were they impressive?

Well, they whinged about the penalty to excess, but Shearer put up a graphic which showed what these two had done on the middle third of the pitch. Complete control.

We were third to be shown. Very little on how we are looking for future. I don't think Pickford had a save to make.

As posted elsewhere, if it was the RS Ward would probably have got a red card and the "experts" would say it was fully deserved.

Mccarthy and McArthur aren't really a huge test, let's be honest. Mccarthy hasn't been any good since his first season here.

Still, Allan and Doucoure have been great but, y'know, three league games.

Well, they whinged about the penalty to excess, but Shearer put up a graphic which showed what these two had done on the middle third of the pitch. Complete control.

We were third to be shown. Very little on how we are looking for future. I don't think Pickford had a save to make.

As posted elsewhere, if it was the RS Ward would probably have got a red card and the "experts" would say it was fully deserved.

Id prefer we came in under the radar mate for as long as we can, keep everything on the down low as plucky little Everton, punching above their weight.

Its a matter of time before teams start to park the bus against us and spoil and that is our next challenge in our development in my opinion.

Dedicated to Allan and Doucoure, simply put brilliant and an absolute joy watching last season.

Its a simple game, you can sign all the quality players in the world but central midfield is the most important area of the pitch in my opinion. If you dont win the battle in there and establish a foundation in the game to trigger your quality players you dont win games in the premier league. I would argue we haven't had a proper midfield since Barry and McCarthy and our results would indicate that.

Yesterday was a big test for me, both would likely be underrated on here but both McCarthy and McArthur are two of the most tenacious and high energy midfielders in the PL. They knock teams of their groove and piled drived Utd the week before in an immense performance and midfield master class. Yesterday was a massive test of the real steel of Allan and Doucoure.

I wached both very closely and they were both mega, Doucoure was awesome, massively important, engine, energy, mobility, transition, physicality, tenacity, presence, work rate, support play, leadership all in the duality of playing in the defensive and offensive areas of the pitch, one of those players you miss immensely if hes not there.

Allan was pepetual motion from the first minute to the last. He never dropped off. It was the last 10 mins yesterday that he really impressed me and Palace were pushing for the equalizer. Holding and leading the shape, keeping up with the play, tenacity, running like it was the first ten mins, i was thinking of all the concerns about him being 29 on here. Real leadership, its infectious.

Both set the tone for the team, the tempo of the game, lead in decision making and by example. Its infectious and enabling.

You look at the secondary benefits, they give the offensive line the foundation to play and we have seen a big increase of out put of our offensive line, DCL, Jamo and Richarlsion bringing home increased returns.

You look at defense, Keane and Mina looking assured, Digne and Coleman (reborn) have the security of bombing forward knowing they can and will be covered.

Him and Allan are a brilliant combo. Brilliant squad assessment and recruitment, their signings have strengthened every line. Their impact is immeasurable, their leadership guiding, enabling and confidence building. Other players around them are getting better and developing. Both are a joy after last season.

Its going to be interesting to see how far it can take us.............

Finally we have real steel.

Spot on about the midfield.

Id also like to add that Coleman, Richarlison and the soon (hopefully) to return Holgate also have the same kind of profiles in their respective positions and of course Mina throws his head in places others wouldnt put a boot towards and James of course has the snide.

All a very different change of pace for us.

Allan's play and positioning was featured a good deal in MOTD last night.
The figure shown by MOTD about them in the middle third was very impressive.

Tried to find this on youtube...any suggestions?

Mccarthy and McArthur aren't really a huge test, let's be honest. Mccarthy hasn't been any good since his first season here.

Still, Allan and Doucoure have been great but, y'know, three league games.

Those 2 are tackle machines though and can definitely put teams off their game in the middle.

The funny part of the 2nd half was when we had 30 odd passes around the pitch without any attempted tackles being made.

Without checking back and re watching... There was a moment for me that said it all. Palace attacking down the right and was getting covered by Digne I think. But Allan just came across, got in between and tackled him instead! Doucoure much the same.... Last ditch tackle v Spurs and a ball winning tackle on Zaha yesterday.
This Everton is different. Shades of '84.

Id prefer we came in under the radar mate for as long as we can, keep everything on the down low as plucky little Everton, punching above their weight.

Its a matter of time before teams start to park the bus against us and spoil and that is our next challenge in our development in my opinion.

I actually think our team would be in their element against park the bus sides.

The ones we need to watch out for will be those with top quality

Id also like to add that Coleman, Richarlison and the soon (hopefully) to return Holgate also have the same kind of profiles in their respective positions and of course Mina throws his head in places others wouldnt put a boot towards and James of course has the snide.

Those 2 are tackle machines though and can definitely put teams off their game in the middle.

The funny part of the 2nd half was when we had 30 odd passes around the pitch without any attempted tackles being made.

Does BBC have a Player option on its website?

We made both McArthur and McCarthy retreat and try and cover the space in between the lines. Richarlison and Jamo were making hay in the pockets dropping deep.

Eventually they were overrun in the midfield channel, while Allan and Doucoure starevd them of ball and couldnt penetrate, then pressed high. To be fair Jamo, DCL and Richarlison were great pressing to. Zaha was dropping into central midfield to try and get on the ball or do his best pressing. Exactly were you want him.

I actually think our team would be in their element against park the bus sides.

The ones we need to watch out for will be those with top quality

Its something we have traditionally struggled with mate, two deep banks of four. Not saying we cant, just its something we haven't always been great at. I expect Brighton to do it next week.

Though Potter likes to play a bit of ball to be fair to him.

Its something we have traditionally struggled with mate, two deep banks of four. Not saying we cant, just its something we haven't always been great at. I expect Brighton to do it next week.

Though Potter likes to play a bit of ball.

We have much better ball players now who can pick decisive passes rather than hit and hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.