Match Thread Reading vs. Everton - Tuesday 22nd Sept - Capital One Cup Third Round - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cup games are all about winning. Martinez tried something new, changed it, we got the result. No-one played as badly as has been suggested, even Lukaku. He's horribly out of form but showed for the ball time and time again even though this style does not suit him. He'll come good and will finish with 20+goals by the end of the season.

I missed the game. Can you help a brother out and tell me what this 'something new' was?

t is what it is and no one is wildly thrilled by it but momentum is always good. Last 16. If we win the next game why not go for it?

I heard when I was down there that NZ lamb is cheaper in the UK than it is domestically, thanks to the farmer-crushing power of UK supermarkets.

But yeah, 2-1 and all that.
I think you may well be correct there. As I said, lamb loin chops are about 26 NZ dollars a kilo. That is about 11 quid. We need some motivated GOTer to go down to the supermarket and get a price/kg on lamb loin chops and report back. Perhaps the very popular chops thread (Ale House) might be the best place to post pricing results.

Anyway, 2-1 to us eh?

Cup games are all about winning. Martinez tried something new, changed it, we got the result. No-one played as badly as has been suggested, even Lukaku. He's horribly out of form but showed for the ball time and time again even though this style does not suit him. He'll come good and will finish with 20+goals by the end of the season.

Do you take optimism pills Esk.................................grey skies here mate playing like that. I totally agree that Rom finds it hard to play in that set up so why don't we play to his strengths, why do we have so many wingers to serve a player who can't jump, why was the inventor of the door knocker given the nobel prize......................we have a lot of problems and we shouldn't gloss over them that much no matter how hard it hurts, its the Everton way. I'm now desperately concerned at our mounting injury list, nightmares lay ahead

Exactly, showing great resilience also, behind in both cup games away from home yet win.

No panic tonight when behind, just kept plugging away.

Looking like a good cup side to be honest.
Reading away in their form: no PL team would have wanted that tonight. We gave them a goal start, hauled them back and then overcame them.

If anyone is complaining about that they need to give their heads a wobble.

Well in blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.