Reaction from a rabid blue non-member

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
I'm posting this on behalf of a rabid blue who isn't a GOT member, it encapsulates the feeling of despair at not just today...

Andy,

I'm upstairs, watching Everton play Watford on some quasi-illegal computer stream (but then if Hillary Clinton gets 3 million more votes - and the Russians interfered in the result - and the FBI ffs - and she still lost then what does the word legal mean anyway?)

and downstairs my wife is listening to 'Any Questions.'

It's like drugs-fix hour for the over-sixties.

Hers is politics, mine's football but a certain masochism has entered the world of Being a Blue.

And, the same thing applies to her - except she's a life-long Red.
Not The RS, The Labour Party.

But, to hear her talk, and see the slump in her shoulders and muse on how she hasn't renewed her membership the analogy of depression feels pretty symbiotic up our house.

While Watford almost effortlessly stroll past us Any Questions starts with - 'Are The Labour Party an irrelevance?'

As they lose deposits with the same regularity, we fail to win and I wonder if me and herself are living in a parallel universe... As well as our own.

By the time our match is finished it seems clear to me we need a new leader.

By the time The Labour Party re-elected Jeremy she'd come to the same conclusion.

Nothing wrong with RoKo or JayCee, as people.
I'm sure they'd be fascinating dinner companions.
Experienced, principled, knowledgeable etc etc.

And also...

Not Going To Do The Job.
Never going to get to a Position of Power.

And - The Job is the same.

Brit Politics couldn't be simpler - First Priority - get Rid of The Tories.

At Goodison it's equally clear - Play footy better than the RS.

At the moment - let's be honest, please - No Chance.

This is serious.
Very serious indeed.

Santa's coming...

I hope to God Koeman can sort this mess out, its his mess to sort.

But the post encapsulates the feeling of despair amongst blues at present.

The biggest mistake Moshiri could make now is thinking we can endure an extended run as bad as this one.

I really hope RK can show us what he is made of, and bring all his experience to bear to sort things out.

If not, then the clubs interests must come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.