Rank our recent managers.

Ancellotti is only 4th for me. He always said the right thing but I never thought he really wanted to be here. The footie was turgid in the last 7 months.
I loved all but the final few months of Silva, then Moshiri stuck his big oar in and started buying unsuitable players for him.
When the team clicked under Martinez, it was the best I've seen since the 1980's. I have a feeling the players downed tools on him as he was a bit cringey personally, and naive around defence and fitness.

1.Moyes
2. Silva
3. Martinez
4. Ancellotti
5. Dyche
6. Koeman
7. Lampard
8. Benitez
9. Allardyce

I think a man of Carlo's experience and calibre noticed the squad couldn't play football and adapted.

You do go from Everton to winning the champions league with Real the following season without that sense of knowing what you've got

Has anybody read Baz Rathbones book? He hated Silva, had no time for him at all. He said he completely alienated the kids and his fitness coach used to hide behind the containers for a ciggies

Has anybody read Baz Rathbones book? He hated Silva, had no time for him at all. He said he completely alienated the kids and his fitness coach used to hide behind the containers for a ciggies
He’s a good judge of character then.

Silva and Martinez my two most hated in 40 years.

He’s a good judge of character then.

Silva and Martinez my two most hated in 40 years.

Rathbone writes: “What of Marco Silva and his staff? We never saw them. I know that sounds incredible, when we were part of the same club and the same training ground. I glimpsed him twice between my return in November and the end of that season.

"I would see one of his staff regularly behind the equipment store having a crafty fag. This guy was supposedly a fitness coach. How do these guys get jobs in our country when we have such amazing homegrown people? They made it quite clear they didn’t want to mix with us. That’s their prerogative, of course.

“We were not allowed in the gym when the first team were in. We were not allowed in their restaurant when the first team were in. It sounds incredible but it’s true. Amazingly, we were not even allowed to watch them train.”

The veteran practitioner recalls the time an U23 player was called up to train with the first team and he to the viewing balcony next to the office in which Moyes had sacked him to watch his progress. Soon Shaun Doran, the assistant first team kit man, was despatched to ask him to move. He was clearly embarrassed and uncomfortable at having to do so.

“I went inside, angry and saddened,” Rathbone remembers. “What a shame

1. Ancelotti - The best football I've ever seen us play. Infectious Charisma.
2. Moyes - Consistent but limited. Fielded a squad we could be proud to get behind.
3. Martinez - Extremely inconsistent but produced some phenomenal moments.
4. Silva - Talented manager that we would have done well to stick with, but ultimately undone by the chaos of the club behind the scenes.
5. Dyche - Extremely likable. Fields a fit and committed squad. Philosophy limits us to mid table at best.
6. Allardyce - The worst football I've ever seen us play, but I also hate the man personally. [mumbled begrudgingly] He did do his job.
7. Lampard - Really likable, and understood the fan base. Despite his earnest intent, the most incompetent manager we have ever had.
8. Benitez - For most clubs this would be the type of hire; all aspects considered, that would be forever considered as the worst hire in history.
9. Koeman - But this is Everton and Koeman has damaged our club in ways so devastating, far reaching, and long lasting that he is somehow even worse.

2. Moyes - Consistent but limited. Fielded a squad we could be proud to get behind.
4. Silva - Talented manager that we would have done well to stick with, but ultimately undone by the chaos of the club behind the scenes.
5. Dyche - Extremely likable. Fields a fit and committed squad. Philosophy limits us to mid table at best.
6. Allardyce - The worst football I've ever seen us play, but I also hate the man personally. [mumbled begrudgingly] He did do his job.
7. Lampard - Really likable, and understood the fan base. Despite his earnest intent, the most incompetent manager we have ever had.
8. Benitez - For most clubs this would be the type of hire; all aspects considered, that would be forever considered as the worst hire in history.
9. Koeman - But this is Everton and Koeman has damaged our club in ways so devastating, far reaching, and long lasting that he is somehow even worse.
Spot on lid

Would have Dyche above Silva and Moyes above Ancelotti but the rest is pretty spot on. Also in my opinion Martinez 1st season was the best football we have had in the past 30 seasons. Ancelotti was great first few months but think people forget how dire the football was after Christmas.

Rathbone writes: “What of Marco Silva and his staff? We never saw them. I know that sounds incredible, when we were part of the same club and the same training ground. I glimpsed him twice between my return in November and the end of that season.

"I would see one of his staff regularly behind the equipment store having a crafty fag. This guy was supposedly a fitness coach. How do these guys get jobs in our country when we have such amazing homegrown people? They made it quite clear they didn’t want to mix with us. That’s their prerogative, of course.

“We were not allowed in the gym when the first team were in. We were not allowed in their restaurant when the first team were in. It sounds incredible but it’s true. Amazingly, we were not even allowed to watch them train.”

The veteran practitioner recalls the time an U23 player was called up to train with the first team and he to the viewing balcony next to the office in which Moyes had sacked him to watch his progress. Soon Shaun Doran, the assistant first team kit man, was despatched to ask him to move. He was clearly embarrassed and uncomfortable at having to do so.

“I went inside, angry and saddened,” Rathbone remembers. “What a shame
I'm just more amazed a kit man requires an assistant - especially when it's specifically the first team only.