Rank our recent managers.

Moyes - started right by making a clear statement about who wasnt good enough, but was too loyal to some players and suffered for it. By the end the squad were too institutionalized in his methods and although it got us 7th/8th every year they could have done more.

Martinez - that first season was great, but he made the mistake of thinking it was down to his way of playing rather than a mix of things (taking off the brakes that Moyes had put on them, Rom's impact, a counterattacking style of play). He refused to change his mind and was rightly sacked. Perhaps the most annoying person on this list because if he had instead looked at what worked in the first season we would probably have won something.

Koeman - another one whose ego couldn't make him realise what was directly in front of his face. How he completely ignored that City game and the way we bossed them really did my head in a great deal, as did his treatment of Niasse which was outright bullying.

Allardyce - just crap

Silva - the second half of his first season was great, it was like he figured us out and some of the football (United at home especially) was top drawer. How he went from that to the dog vomit that was the second season was something he will need to explain himself because it made no sense to me. His treatment of Kean was also weird.

Ancelotti - the best manager we've ever had in terms of ability, but was clearly phoning it in for most of his time here with a squad that was nothing like the people he'd played with or managed previously. Even at 10% of his effort he was still miles better than everyone else, mind - that Wolves away game that he won is the greatest managerial performance I've ever seen; to this day I have no idea how he did it.

Benitez - I maintain the only reason he was appointed was because the owner wanted to punish everyone associated with this club. I will never not be convinced that he was deliberately trying to relegate us. The only Everton manager that I have hated.

Lampard - kept us up after Benitez so not entirely negative, but I really do not understand what he was trying to do.

Dyche - kept us up after Lampard so not entirely negative, and has largely sorted out the defence. I also like how he did the right thing with regards to Keane / Branthwaite, which not many of the others above would have done. If he can get someone scoring goals we will be alright.
I don't think Ancelotti was phoning it in. A good man manager knows how much to push and give room to his players. If a manager trusts and enables those under him to perform their duties then he's a very Good manager indeed. The biggest problem was the quality and depth of squad under him and that he had the likes of Real Madrid on speed dial.

I don't think Ancelotti was phoning it in. A good man manager knows how much to push and give room to his players. If a manager trusts and enables those under him to perform their duties then he's a very Good manager indeed. The biggest problem was the quality and depth of squad under him and that he had the likes of Real Madrid on speed dial.
He had plenty of quality at that point and did about what you would expect with the signings he made

Moyes - Ran the entire club brilliantly, has a psychological glass ceiling but kept us alive with the worst chairman in the world at the helm.
Carlo - He's Carlo
Silva/Dyche - Both flawed, I think Silva had some bad luck and the mess behind the scenes for both is tough, but both good managers.
Martinez - An idiot, high score based on a really good season that ultimately owed a lot to Moyes
Allardyce - The worst football I've ever seen, decent outcome but I could never watch it again.
Koeman - Didn't want him and didn't warm to him, did okay with Rom, Ross and Stones in the side, showed himself up but not helped by walshy et al.
Rafael - Way past his shelf life and was always a bit overrated in my eyes, shocker of a call from ussie.
Lampard - Cared and worked hard, but a complete idiot, I don't really remember walker tactically but can imagine it was like this.
I agree with this but for two things. 1. Koeman and brnetiez got to be bottom pair just in there real lack of caring about the club and the fans… thinking they were above us.
2. psychological glass ceiling for moyes might well be because he had physical and financial actual ceiling based on the quality of players available. If only moshiri came in during that period and the money spent was more controlled

My ranks as follows:

Lampard Major Mistake, Last Royal Hussars.
Benitez. Private Parts third class, Spanish Republican Catering Corp.
Koeman. Lance Corporal of Horse [Poor language removed], Orange Regiment.
Allardyce. Chief Pusser, Keeper of the Admiral’s Gravy, HMS Juggy.
Dyche. Stuff Sergeant, Royal Scotch Egg Guards.
Martinez. Capitano del Frigabbata, Marina Espagnole dos Dra’goons.
Silva. Brigadier dos Poorto, Farce Airnala Portuguese.
Moyes. Honorary Colonel, Turncoats’ Yellow Jacket Nomanry.
Ancelotti. Il Padrino Générale della Tutti Frutti, Neopolitan Tristessa Carabinieri.

Martinez appears high on lots of people’s lists. His last season we won 11 games, only last season is worse than that for wins. That’s where the rot started. Goes under the radar because that season was when Moshiri arrived.

Moyes got close to what I'd consider a competent Everton manager - qualified for Europe multiple times, gave most teams a run for their money, got us to a final, a couple of semi finals, and built a couple of very good sides.

Every manager since him has been nowhere near good enough.

BRUH, this is wild.

Moyes in 4th, Lampard ahead of Dyche, wild!
Results wise it’s a cigarette paper between Dyche and Lampard , but Lampard attempted good football and engendered hope whereas slappy doesn’t know the meaning of football and grinds hope into dust.

Results wise it’s a cigarette paper between Dyche and Lampard , but Lampard attempted good football and engendered hope whereas slappy doesn’t know the meaning of football and grinds hope into dust.
I suppose you are right about the rizla paper.

Quite possible that Dyche falls below Lampard over the next 2 games.

Still cant get over Eggs saying hes the 3rd best manager in our history.