2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It clearly proved his stubbornness and how unwilling he is to change. It begs the question did he do it on purpose as he knew he’d get a big payout if sacked.
efc 3.jpg

not the most difficult question to answer methinks........

Nicely summed up. He just lost his way somewhere. Last night he even mentioned the excuse of losing because Iwobi is in the Africa cup. He actually said that.

It makes you wonder why he signed up in the first place. There was no transfer budget and up and until december the results where not suprising. But as you noted, increasingly he seemed to put his own ego above the actual task at hand. If you dont have a transfer budget but you have some kind of star player in Rodrigues, why not build a team around him? Dig in, compact and one or two attacks. Ancelotti saw that better than him. But the Iwobi mention alone for me, was enough to shut the door.

Now we need a manager without the ego. No more hollywood signings. We dont have a hollywood squad nor the budget.
Not Rodriruez again. The guy was a big wast of money. The pensioners fault. Ancelotti having a big part in the disaster we are right now. How many games did he win of his last 20 games? Everything has his roots right there. Coleman being Maldini (LOL). Giving Keane 4 new years (LOL).

Moshiri was gambling on Rafael, plain and simple. He gave him the benefit of the doubt / bought the lines about "we'll be better in the 2nd half of the year when injuries clear" and "I need to bring a few players in". As much as Moshiri doubled-down on him after booting Brands and as much as Moshiri wanted Rafael to work out, the Norwich debacle and the results so far show the failed experiment clear as day for what it is.

Absolute bottom line: Moshiri cannot risk his half billion investment slumping out of the richest league in the world with no guarantees of returning. He'd sack a dozen managers to prevent that if he had to.
no he wouldnt - I'm sure he'd enjoy a day out at Wembley for a playoff final the following season as much as the rest of us, according to @ForeverBlue92

I think we will all find he is given the full season.
Not a chance Moshiri will risk his £500m investment going into the 2nd tier. He gambled on Benny, hoped it'd work, but after 1 win in a third of a season, looking more and more like a shambles every week, zero signs of improvement, and with our relegation rival spanking us, it's as clear as day this club is only going one way.

Yesterday was surely the final straw for Moshiri. I'd be amazed if there has been no official announcement from the club confirming Rafael's departure within the next 24 hours or so.

Moshiri was gambling on Rafael, plain and simple. He gave him the benefit of the doubt / bought the lines about "we'll be better in the 2nd half of the year when injuries clear" and "I need to bring a few players in". As much as Moshiri doubled-down on him after booting Brands and as much as Moshiri wanted Rafael to work out, the Norwich debacle and the results so far show the failed experiment clear as day for what it is.

Absolute bottom line: Moshiri cannot risk his half billion investment slumping out of the richest league in the world with no guarantees of returning. He'd sack a dozen managers to prevent that if he had to.
The whole doubling down thing for me is madness - but actually the disastrous consequence of the power struggle between Moshiri and BK (who wouldnt have let him through the doors in the first place)

On a human level, watching this, I feel bad for the man. He's clearly had a phone call before this presser to tell him he's done at the club and he's just being professional going ahead with it. You can see it in his face when he talks about the future as if he's still going to be here. But it's the right call to sack him even if the dressing room is a mess

Since before he was appointed I can hand on heart say I have never watched a single press conference or interview of his all the way through, they just get turned off, and I’m not starting now by watching that! As for feeling bad for the man - not a chance! He’s done his very best, along with the bloke who appointed him btw, to make Everton a laughing stock!

Not Rodriruez again. The guy was a big wast of money. The pensioners fault. Ancelotti having a big part in the disaster we are right now. How many games did he win of his last 20 games? Everything has his roots right there. Coleman being Maldini (LOL). Giving Keane 4 new years (LOL).
James was one of our best players despite his injury record and Ancelotti knew how to get best out of this limited team. We beat the majority of the top 6 and was vying for a place in Europe all season. Yes, I do agree we had a poor run towards the end because of injuries, poor form and inadequate squad depth. 59 points was one our biggest tally's in years and we won't even get close to that this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.