2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be a constantly moving bar?‍♂️

I pray we don't have another Wimbledon or Bolton year? but they would see that as a triumph.

In fairness to the rafaboys the relief was as much of a high!! But I never wanna go through it again.
I thought those days were far behind but I compare the quality of players then and now , there's no real difference except those of yor had a lot more passion .
I really hope that Mosh puts his accounting glasses on after he pushes that chancer out of the door . We are going to need half a team and a manager with half a brain .

I thought those days were far behind but I compare the quality of players then and now , there's no real difference except those of yor had a lot more passion .
I really hope that Mosh puts his accounting glasses on after he pushes that chancer out of the door . We are going to need half a team and a manager with half a brain .
100% mate. Shocking times, defo thought we'd moved on. Good point re "fight" in the team, the current crop mostly don't have it in em, can you imagine being 2-0 down last game and needing to win???

I get what you say about Benitez taking the blame for the way the team plays... so how much of this can Benitez be the fall guy for if the players he has at his disposal are ones he inherited and can’t implement what he wants to achieve out on the pitch..
I honestly get your point about managers having a certain style of play when they get going but if you look at Benitez style of play with other clubs he has managed or when he has had the correct personnel to carry out his orders his teams are not as poor or defensive to watch as you may think.. this leads me to believe it’s because he’s working with players not able to carry out his instructions down to lack of ability..
So after 3 years at newcastle, having brought in £157m worth of players, what was his football like to watch?

Even if you ask the geordies who love him, it was dire, defensive, boring football.

It seems to be a constantly moving bar?‍♂️

I pray we don't have another Wimbledon or Bolton year? but they would see that as a triumph.

In fairness to the rafaboys the relief was as much of a high!! But I never wanna go through it again.
Yes the acceptance bar is always how you cut your cloth according to the situation you find yourself in.. no point having the expectation level of the 1980s with this current crop as that would be foolish.
The more wiser fans will look at the situation the club unfortunately finds itself in.. managers in and out the door constantly in last five years.. players many of which are not good enough to wear the shirt.. up above the incompetence of people running the club and the money wasted and a fanbase who still think the standard should still be 1984/85... something drastic needed to happen to stop this club drifting into oblivion and Benitez has come in to shake it up and put some noses out of joint.. it’s a big job which will need time.. this season was always going to pan out similar to what it has done with loads of bumps along the way.. relagation will never be in question second half of season because there are far worse teams.. even Leeds got smashed tonight 7 - 0 ....

Yes the acceptance bar is always how you cut your cloth according to the situation you find yourself in.. no point having the expectation level of the 1980s with this current crop as that would be foolish.
The more wiser fans will look at the situation the club unfortunately finds itself in.. managers in and out the door constantly in last five years.. players many of which are not good enough to wear the shirt.. up above the incompetence of people running the club and the money wasted and a fanbase who still think the standard should still be 1984/85... something drastic needed to happen to stop this club drifting into oblivion and Benitez has come in to shake it up and put some noses out of joint.. it’s a big job which will need time.. this season was always going to pan out similar to what it has done with loads of bumps along the way.. relagation will never be in question second half of season because there are far worse teams.. even Leeds got smashed tonight 7 - 0 ....
Bookmarked this.

I see us in a fight to stay above it, on current form we will struggle.

We continue as we are and January will be full on war in here.

I think we can all agree the common goal is a successful Everton, for me that isn't avoiding relegation, apart from a few in here, mentioning no names @Theoneandonly being right up there!!

UTFT

But this stems back to is he being able to put his managerial stamp on things when he has not been able to field his best players, has not been provided with decent funds to implement the changes he wants too and has so many fans on his back scrutinising every decision he makes hoping he will fail so they can say they were right... hardly a fair environment to judge somebody.
His managerial stamp is already there its the negative , boring and defensive , cowards football he has purveyed throughout his career. Add in the late and often curious substitutions and his ‘style’ has been on display all season.
Plus supporters of every club scrutinise and discuss the managers decisions , in the pub after the match or online it’s what supporters do.

Who says they do? Pure speculation. I wasn't alive in the 80s so no idea what the standard was like. I have no expectations of winning the league. Just winning a few games would be nice right now.

But with all thse changes Benitez has made including grabbing more power there has been no progression . None . I can't see any ganeplan apart from soaking up pressure and doing nothing on the break .
His tactics for moving up the field is passsing it to Gray and HOPE he does something . He's getting paid thousands of pounds for that . His defense on set pieces are a joke and he's supposed to be a defensive coach .
At least Carlo got results and if the useless Spaniard was at any other club ( a professional one ) he would of gone because of the most important statistic . His form in the last 10 games .
The only thing he has shaken up are those saintly boo boys at GP .

I get what you say about Benitez taking the blame for the way the team plays... so how much of this can Benitez be the fall guy for if the players he has at his disposal are ones he inherited and can’t implement what he wants to achieve out on the pitch..
I honestly get your point about managers having a certain style of play when they get going but if you look at Benitez style of play with other clubs he has managed or when he has had the correct personnel to carry out his orders his teams are not as poor or defensive to watch as you may think.. this leads me to believe it’s because he’s working with players not able to carry out his instructions down to lack of ability..
Where does this idea come from that unless a manager brings a player in they can't possibly do what they want. How many players have managers brought in that weren't what they expected/hoped for? They're professional footballers and it seems to me for the most part they are carrying out his instructions, which are, as many have alluded to, not great.
Pointing out individual mistakes, as RB has himself, when trying to convince people that we had the games under control, as the reason for our losses also doesn't cut it. Think of anything you do or try to do. How much more likely are you to make a mistake if you are not well practiced/drilled in whatever it is you are doing? Mistakes can happen to anyone but mostly they happen when people aren't sure of themselves.

Drifting into oblivion? As in going bust? Heading for relegation do you mean mate?
And if I could ask also, which parts of being a manager do you see signs of Benitez doing well so far this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.