2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He had the effect of making the players believe that they could beat them. This coward told them they're awful and set them up to be exactly that.
He got lucky in the home derby by trying to go toe-to-toe but at that stage of the season we did have the form and attacking talent to do that. That home derby led to the injuries and suspensions that, due to Brands' failures in recruitment, cost the club and ended up with is going to that dismal 4-2-3-1 shape and playing with 4 CBs.

But the second derby, he realised that you have to just at least match them up numerically if you're severely depleted - as Everton were - and poorer, as Everton are. Luckily yes, Liverpool were on a bad run, but Ancelotti exposed those flaws in their side and had bloody Gomes playing left wing to tuck inside and match their three up in midfield.

Benitez genuinely went with two in midfield against this Liverpool team in this kind of form.

Well it looks like he’ll be given more time. Although if we get slapped at home against Arsenal the place will explode.
Arsenal have previous for getting our managers sacked too...wouldn't suprise me in the least. They at least look like a team that knows what they're doing even if they fall short sometimes

Was thinking at the match last night instead of abuse at the end instead there wasn’t a fan left in the ground by final whistle just leave these players to an empty stadium . Just something different to show them how pathetic and spineless they were
I've always argued for silence, and turning collective backs. The players are conditioned to deal with abuse, but silence can be deafening.

He got lucky in the home derby by trying to go toe-to-toe but at that stage of the season we did have the form and attacking talent to do that. That home derby led to the injuries and suspensions that, due to Brands' failures in recruitment, cost the club and ended up with is going to that dismal 4-2-3-1 shape and playing with 4 CBs.

But the second derby, he realised that you have to just at least match them up numerically if you're severely depleted - as Everton were - and poorer, as Everton are. Luckily yes, Liverpool were on a bad run, but Ancelotti exposed those flaws in their side and had bloody Gomes playing left wing to tuck inside and match their three up in midfield.

Benitez genuinely went with two in midfield against this Liverpool team in this kind of form.
It was like he had refused to watch them play since they sacked him.
RB: 'Give the most creative team in Europe more space to create in, Rondon will make up for it, our ace in the hole, who has pictures of me from China'

i have to say i do think he needs more time. Popular opinion i know

I was in this camp but I'm heading into the cheese on toast option I think. He should get Arsenal and Palace and if they're both defeats then give Duncan a free crack at Chelsea, which would surely be another L as things stand.

Before I thought give him until end of Jan as there are a good few winnable games but we needed at least 3 points from this period. Now that could have been draws with Brentford, Arsenal and Palace so win one of these next two and we might be back on track but it's getting painful now.

I was in this camp but I'm heading into the cheese on toast option I think. He should get Arsenal and Palace and if they're both defeats then give Duncan a free crack at Chelsea, which would surely be another L as things stand.

Before I thought give him until end of Jan as there are a good few winnable games but we needed at least 3 points from this period. Now that could have been draws with Brentford, Arsenal and Palace so win one of these next two and we might be back on track but it's getting painful now.
It's a risk giving him January...we might be saddled with a few more Salomon rundon'ts. Also if we get a new manager they should at least have the jan window... next couple of weeks or the summer for me

He should get Arsenal and Palace and if they're both defeats then give Duncan a free crack at Chelsea, which would surely be another L as things stand.

Can't see us getting a result in either of those if he persists with 2 in midfield. Otherwise Arsenal is mistake prone and don't create a lot of chances, and Palace has been a bit wobbly of late so who knows?

We have to win eventually...(don't we?......guys? .....anyboby?)

I think try and move Tom Davies on for whatever we can get, hopefully that'll clean the books a bit as a pure profit academy product and we can bring in at least one.

If City revive the Kane bid I think there's a big chance Calvert-Lewin could go Spurs, and at this point we can neither deny him the move on merit or turn away a bid of £50m+ because of the state we're in. But if we did that... oof, huge gamble.

Anyway, I think we'll bring one or two in in January, just because we'll pretty much have to looking at how it's going, and there's every chance we need give money to the next temporary 6 to 12 month manager we get.

I think there has been a lot of attempts to do that with several players. Nobody wants to take a punt on poorly performing players on bloated contracts and if those deals aren't matched then these players don't want to walk without being paid up. That's why we're increasingly reliant on contract expiry to get wages off the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.