2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players didn't turn on Carlo and he wasn't possession based either. He was organised, saw frailties, knew this squad couldn't play football or keep the ball, so set them up to attack in spots and areas that would be effective.

Rafael is a mess.
There were definitely reports last season that some players found Carlo's style too possession-based.

Have to be an absolute idiot to think our midfield 2 was going to work against their 3

Hasn’t worked for weeks

Why didn’t he bring Delph on at the break to shore it up a bit while we were still in the game? Just baffling

I don't think the midfield was the main issue last night, I think we just came up against a much better side and defensively had too many lapses

Honestly at 1-2 we still had a chance but a terrible set piece led to 1-3 and it was game over

Claw it back to 2-2 and who knows

Set piece work needs to be better, both attacking and defensively

Sacking off zonal marking would help

There there.

Any acceptable result against Arsenal sees him going into the Palace game and we take it from there.

There's a route back.

your just in denial like you was work RM

he’s the worst manager we’ve had under the game time, he’s not turning it around tomorrow or the day after it’s a matter of not if but when we do seee yaaaa kopite

To all those asking for him to be sacked, who are you suggesting we get in to replace him? They won’t have any money either and it will cost millions to pay him and his staff off which will only make matters worse. Can you not see that the problems reach much much further than the manager and always have .

Do you want Allardyce, because this is what we might end up with until the end of the season.

….I really never understand a poster asking other posters who should be appointed.

Folk on here are not being paid millions to get these decisions right, they are not analysing the global market, they do not have researches and experts establishing competency criteria & filtering candidates to determine a short-list.

i have no idea who we should appoint, I would prefer somebody ambitious and progressive rather than yet another off the managerial merrygoround.

No announcement this morning probably means no decision last night. I think Arsenal will be the game the guillotine falls but you were right that he’ll get that one: a firing is inevitable now though, the pressure is too great, the fans want blood.

The fans want to enjoy watching the team play. That's not too much to ask.

No one enjoys sacking managers. But when you appoint a kopite who is well past their best, then this is the natural reaction.

No announcement this morning probably means no decision last night. I think Arsenal will be the game the guillotine falls but you were right that he’ll get that one: a firing is inevitable now though, the pressure is too great, the fans want blood.
Results change minds.

That's the average footy fan for you.

Personally I think the season nadir was reached last night and the next couple of games offer a real chance to get 4 points. Arsenal are not blue chip. They can blow hot and cold. Get a result there and take the confidence into the Palace game.

I don't think the midfield was the main issue last night, I think we just came up against a much better side and defensively had too many lapses

Honestly at 1-2 we still had a chance but a terrible set piece led to 1-3 and it was game over

Midfield got legged all night, it was a massive issue

They did, though, identify that they’d get a lot of joy off the full backs and absolutely hammered us there, but you can’t have Allan - who can’t run - and Doucoure - who is only just returning from a big injury - and expect them to match their 3, and help at the back

it doesn’t make sense at any level

….I really never understand a poster asking other posters who should be appointed.

Folk on here are not being paid millions to get these decisions right, they are not analysing the global market, they do not have researches and experts establishing competency criteria & filtering candidates to determine a short-list.

i have no idea who we should appoint, I would prefer somebody ambitious and progressive rather than yet another off the managerial merrygoround.

Yeah it's not really our job to say who it should be

If the club wants to throw me a 4 or 5 figure sum then I might be willing to have a bash at it like, but that isn't happening anytime soon and I personally enjoy being able to go the match without worrying about getting razzled by folk angry at the manager I picked

Results change minds.

That's the average footy fan for you.

Personally I think the season nadir was reached last night and the next couple of games offer a real chance to get 4 points. Arsenal are not blue chip. They can blow hot and cold. Get a result there and take the confidence into the Palace game.

Not sure we can get a result. Under previous managers when it came to these crunch games the fans were behind the team until they completely folded and got their manager fired. The sort of atmospheres we saw for Ferguson against Chelsea or the derby v Liverpool with the sirens won’t be there against Arsenal. The fans want him out. Even if the players start well there’ll be nothing to feed off. It will only end one way.

Is Rondon out?

If so I'd probably have Richarlison as the striker and give Gordon a start

Not perfect but it's round pegs in square holes until DCL comes back

Who knew a "pudding" would be so important to the way we play eh?
It's crying out for a false nine.

Put Richarlison out wide with Townsend and Gray in the middle of the three dropping back and breaking on them.

Worked against a better Arsenal side than this in the past.

We were still in the game but we were very lucky to be make no mistake. The first twenty minutes was one of the most heartbreaking soul destroying things I’ve ever had to watch, it was an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.