2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds very confident about his situation. As well he should after being handed 13 games to arrest almost a decade of decline.

Issue is Dave even after his now 15 games in charge, there's been no evidence to suggest that he will be a success here. Ancelotti was working with an arguably weaker squad and manager to get much more out of them by utilising the same 'pragmatic' tactics.

Issue is Dave even after his now 15 games in charge, there's been no evidence to suggest that he will be a success here. Ancelotti was working with an arguably weaker squad and manager to get much more out of them by utilising the same 'pragmatic' tactics.
This is fair. Even the wins we have picked up weren't exactly convincing. Had a good spell in the game to win it but otherwise was a struggle

Is that right he refused to play for Venezuela because he couldn’t justify the shirt?
But he’s happy to lounge around wearing ours and the manager still picks him?
Who’s to blame for that situation?

Let the collaborators justify that one
"It hurts every time I’m not able to join up with the team and it’s very difficult for me to watch from afar. But I have to be honest with myself and the shirt I love and value so dearly: I don’t currently feel that I’m at the level I’d like to be at to allow me to perform to 100 per cent and defend my country’s colours as it deserves."

Nah.

28 November 2020, Ancelotti started against Leeds Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison and James Rodriguez up front.

28 November 2021, Benitez started against Brentford Rondon and Iwobi up front.

The very definition of chalk and cheese.

It's because we left it so late. He was all that was left.
Story I heard at the weekend was we had 3 players lined up for weeks on the condition James went.
How true it is I don't know but this came from someone who has never given me duff info before.
Tell your mum to leave the ITK stuff to @Theoneandonly

Theon has direct influence on all matters for us now.

Nah.

28 November 2020, Ancelotti started against Leeds Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison and James Rodriguez up front.

28 November 2021, Benitez started against Brentford Rondon and Iwobi up front.

The very definition of chalk and cheese.

Wow you've sort of changed that to make a point havent you.
Benitez got rid of rodriguez.
Rondon was his choice
And iwobi doesnt play "up front"
Thats a very benitez tinted specs view.

It's because we left it so late. He was all that was left..
Why do people keep saying this garbage? No, Rondon was not the only striker in world football available for us to bring in. If you people are going to make up BS, at the very least make it plausible enough to maybe be belivable. This ‘only player available so we had to being him in’ nonsense is getting on my nerve. Neither of those statements are true. He was NOT the only striker available and we did NOT have to being him.

Wow you've sort of changed that to make a point havent you.
Benitez got rid of rodriguez.
Rondon was his choice
And iwobi doesnt play "up front"
Thats a very benitez tinted specs view.

Eh?

We played Iwobi and Rondon up front in a 4411. We played a 343 with Ancelotti in the corresponding fixture last year.

Rondon is playing as DCL is injured. We got rid of Rodriguez as we were crippled by his wages and, yes, Benitez didn't fancy him, but he wasn't given money to replace him.

The bias here is from you my friend. Ancelotti provably had more options available to him this time last year than Benitez. So much so he had Mina and Sigurdsson available on the bench.

Eh?

We played Iwobi and Rondon up front in a 4411. We played a 343 with Ancelotti in the corresponding fixture last year.

Rondon is playing as DCL is injured. We got rid of Rodriguez as we were crippled by his wages and, yes, Benitez didn't fancy him, but he wasn't given money to replace him.

The bias here is from you my friend. Ancelotti provably had more options available to him this time last year than Benitez. So much so he had Mina and Sigurdsson available on the bench.

He could have kept rodriguez. He just chose not to. So you cant throw that in as a comparison about who had what.
Its calvert lewin. Thats it. Stop the spin. We do watch Everton you know.

He could have kept rodriguez. He just chose not to. So you cant throw that in as a comparison about who had what.
Its calvert lewin. Thats it. Stop the spin. We do watch Everton you know.

Doucoure only just returned, Yerry Mina - our best centre half - out, Richarlison has been injured and was suspended for the last game, and Calvert Lewin.

The entire spine of our squad, arguably our four best players full stop.

I replied to a post that said Ancelotti had "arguably a weaker squad to work with" - he didn't. He flat out, 100% did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.