2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’ll lose in the worst fashion possible tomorrow, a hard fought, spirited, gutsy defensive display which we do a couple of times a season, and then we’ll lose in stoppage time to a mistake. Everyone is expecting a pasting and the game to be over by 8:30 so I reckon we’ll go for the worse and more painful option of the two.
Nah, Benitez will park the bus, small cloob style (if Klopp doesn't allude to that he's missing a trick), we'll concede early and there will be no plan B. I play darts on a Wednesday night and one of the lads I play with is a filthy koppite, it's going to be unbearable.

I see you didn't bother bolding my "if you're an American" part of the sentence. But you don't manipulate the information at your disposal.

Misquoting and faulty stats, is your surname Johnson or Trump?

I've manipulated nothing, the stats are exact, none of them are 'faulty', presented as is.

You are fake news sir!

If you want to give more, do so. Fact is, statistically this squad does largely the same thing, over and over again, and Benitez has had to handle one of the worst injury situations we've had in at least a decade to largely the only half-decent players we have.

I've manipulated nothing, the stats are exact, none of them are 'faulty', presented as is.

You are fake news sir!

If you want to give more, do so. Fact is, statistically this squad does largely the same thing, over and over again, and Benitez has had to handle one of the worst injury situations we've had in at least a decade to largely the only half-decent players we have.
You used a partial (in both senses of the word) data set for Ancelotti. And even then his stats were far superior, more points, more goals, fewer conceded. What I can't understand is why you want to risk relegation under a clearly failing manager. You cherry pick Ancelotti's worst period and Benitez is still worse and you argue for his continued employment. It's odd.

As I’ve said it reminded me somewhat of Silva’s last days. I can take getting stuffed by Man City but losing to the likes of Watford and Brentford is unacceptable really. Brentford were awful yesterday. We just look shot to pieces and devoid of confidence. Maybe DCL and Mina coming back will help but I wouldn’t bet on it. We’ve been here before with Koeman and Silva.

Whole club is a mess.

How will we fare against Burnley? Never mind the RS.

Even Sean Dyche could be seen as an improvement.

You used a partial (in both senses of the word) data set for Ancelotti. And even then his stats were far superior, more points, more goals, fewer conceded. What I can't understand is why you want to risk relegation under a clearly failing manager. You cherry pick Ancelotti's worst period and Benitez is still worse and you argue for his continued employment. It's odd.

I didn't. I picked his last 13 to coincide with Benitez's first 13 to have a 26 game continuous stretch. I used 13 games as Benitez has only had 13 games, and then compared to the latest 13 games Ancelotti had as they're the most recent. Like for like.

If I was cherry picking, I'd have said "Look at Ancelotti in October to November, full calendar month and he lost 4 of 5 games" - I didn't do that.

I couldn't give a toss about goals scored, goals conceded - doesn't matter, it's points, net result. Ancelotti won just the one game in 2021 by more than one goal, he won the rest 1-0, but who cares, he got the three points.

Nah, Benitez will park the bus, small cloob style (if Klopp doesn't allude to that he's missing a trick), we'll concede early and there will be no plan B. I play darts on a Wednesday night and one of the lads I play with is a filthy koppite, it's going to be unbearable.

Darts can be a dangerous game.

Accidents happen.

A sudden fake sneeze after you've been mocked on behalf of your Club and he's got a dart in his foot.

Rome wasn’t built in a day
The fans think this, the fans think that
Stadium
Everyone doing their best

Etc etc

Obviously he can’t say much else , it doesn’t escape from the tedious , the monotonous.

He knows as does the club, board criticism will ease with wins, it shouldn’t because it will keep happening with these people.

If Rafael was in charge of a different team with the exact same form everyone would be laughing saying hows he not been sacked, he's terrible but no there's a few who want him to stay as we can't keep sacking managers and that he needs 2-3 years.

Silva didn't quite get 2-3 years so I think it's only fair he comes back because it was unfair to judge him on less than that.

By the end Carlo was scraping points for us the only way we possibly could, sitting deep and being great on set pieces.

People didn’t like him for it though. That was one of the greatest managers in the world (who will probably pick up another league this season and be dangerous in the CL) and people on here were calling him a useless dinosaur, a has been, who couldn’t coach. They then expect some ‘young progressive’ manager to come in and with the exact same conditions somehow massively overachieve where Ancelotti Allardyce Benitez weren’t able to (let’s ignore that we already tried that with Silva and ruined his career as well)

People need to wake up. The manager is virtually irrelevant at this point. This group of players are a rotting core for the club and have been for ages. I’m not judging any manager of this club until the majority of Coleman Kenny Keane Holgate Digne Davies Gomes Delph Siggurdson Iwobi are out the door. They’ve shown gone and time again that they are nowhere near good enough and they just don’t care either.

No one could get a tune out of them. Koeman had some good form with Lukaku Gueye and Barkley, and it disappeared as soon as they left. Silva did ok when he had Gueye and Zouma and then dropped like a stone when they went, Ancelotti had a good run when he relied on Docuoure Allan James in midfield, as soon as injuries started the form fell of a cliff and he had to revert to the most primitive football we’ve ever seen just to get points.

The theme is the same. This is a terrible squad littered with three or four good players. It has been for about 7 years. If those good players are fit and playing we can come mid table. If they’re not available or we sell them we’re in a bottom half scrap. This has been the pattern time and time again yet people refuse to see it.

‘We should have enough to beat x even with y and z out injured’ - No, no we don’t, without two of our top players (DCL Richarlison Doucoure Allan Mina) we are one of the poorest 11s in the league, and definitely one of the poorest squads.

If we get DCL and Mina abck and the remaining players stay fit then I’ll be confident that Benitez will have us somewhere between 12-8th. If Docuoure goes down again and Allan or Richalrison joins him then we are in a lower table scrap. Changing the manager doesn’t change this at all, he’ll just get a short term bounce if the injured players come back, we’ll sell some in the summer, and then he’ll start like Silva did and we’ll be back here in 12 months.

Bingo

Hate Benitez all you want, blues. This club is riddled with disease and he's but a symptom, not a cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.