2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds weirdly optimistic about the injury situation, as if he's only really arsed about Doucoure and Gray when talking about 'key' players, almost as if we haven't also been missing our best striker for an age now...

I'm guessing there's nothing actually wrong with Allan either and it was just a false rumor all along.

I just think a lot of people are acting like giant drama queens at the moment mate.

We are 11th 12 games in with a big injury crisis.

Come the seasons end we'll be midtable like we always are I dont know why people get angry or shocked at this club still we're the most predictable and boring one going.
I'm not disagreeing with you.

What I am saying is that its not wise to pretend that said drama queens do not exist as they will cause an issue.

If we lose to Brentford and then get hammered by the RS whilst their fans chant his name (all of which could easily happen, and I don't even think the Brentford result will be that important in the grand scheme of all this) then his position becomes very problematic.

Be interesting to see if Moshiri attends the derby.

That doesn't make sense. The quality of our fully fit first team is capabable of beating about 11 or 12 other PL clubs.

You must think more of these players than most of our fans do. They aren't that good overall. £500M has been wasted in 6 years. That really is the continuing major issue, not any manager.

Brentford could have half of their team out on Sunday and are on a five-match winless run in the league, having lost four in a row before the Newcastle game the other day.

Everton could have half of the first team out too, and are on a 6-match winless run in the league, with 4 defeats and 2 draws.

So, it's going to come down to which manager can outthink the other with limited resources, isn't it? Because David, as bad as our squad is with the current injuries, it should not be losing to Brentford with their current list of injuries.

He sounds weirdly optimistic about the injury situation, as if he's only really arsed about Doucoure and Gray when talking about 'key' players, almost as if we haven't also been missing our best striker for an age now...

Because, as he proved the other day with his ludicrous 'wait for the 2nd half of the season' comment, he is convinced that he's right. He's convinced that once those players are back it'll be fine. Yet they aren't back, and when they do come back there's going to be a lot of pressure on them to play every 3-4 days over Xmas and one of them happens to have a very bad injury record as it is.

So unless he's done a deal with the devil, I'm not sure how he can be confident, and in the meantime, I don't think any manager should be saying 'wait for the 2nd half of the season' when we're 12 league games in.

Is this supposed to be an achievement? Any manager who can't pick up points with a fully fit PL first team has no business being in football. You have set the bar so low it is unbelievable.
This is one of my main issues, the acceptance of "Expected Losses", "Little Ol Everton", "best we can Expect", "knife to a gunfight" etc etc etc

After near 50 years following, supporting and loving this Club slowly but surely they have disenfranchised me to such a degree due to a constant narrative as above, that I almost "Dont Care" never have I ever gone to a match, watched us on Tv etc etc felt its acceptable to not go into a match optimistic of a positive result.

I stood on the Gwladys for 19 years, before a move away forced my hand to give up my ST but I always went with a belief that anything was possible and good few times they proved me right.

Part of the joy of the game itself is this feeling, accepting "its the best we can do" is simply not good enough

I go as many as possible now and today my Derby tickets arrived on my doorstep and the excitement of me and my lad(who has never experienced a Goodison Derby) is still there, we were literally bouncing around in the kitchen singing its a "Grand Ol Team to play for" and then the "narrative" hits and the stark reality that this is a tough one, a tougher one than most as the "banter" from that lot will be incessant if we lose and is a pivotal moment, IMO as to how we progress, but I am at a Cross Roads, I will never stop looking, coming on here or wishing the best for this once GREAT Club, but when my lad asked a few months back "why Everton Dad?" it hit me like a ton of bricks, I have never questioned my allegiance, ever but here I am doing exactly that and for that I am truly gutted as would 2 generations of Kirkdale Blues before me.

We owe it to what has gone before and will follow from us Better, much much better!

Because, as he proved the other day with his ludicrous 'wait for the 2nd half of the season' comment, he is convinced that he's right. He's convinced that once those players are back it'll be fine. Yet they aren't back, and when they do come back there's going to be a lot of pressure on them to play every 3-4 days over Xmas and one of them happens to have a very bad injury record as it is.

So unless he's done a deal with the devil, I'm not sure how he can be confident, and in the meantime, I don't think any manager should be saying 'wait for the 2nd half of the season' when we're 12 league games in.

"Wait for the 2nd half of the season...

....I will get them relegated"

Brentford could have half of their team out on Sunday and are on a five-match winless run in the league, having lost four in a row before the Newcastle game the other day.

Everton could have half of the first team out too, and are on a 6-match winless run in the league, with 4 defeats and 2 draws.

So, it's going to come down to which manager can outthink the other with limited resources, isn't it? Because David, as bad as our squad is with the current injuries, it should not be losing to Brentford with their current list of injuries.

Think that's more down to the fact Toney and Mbeuno will bully the living hell out of Keane and Godfrey.

That's not down to Benitez.

If the devil is Moshiri then he has. The confidence comes from being told to just get us through this season with no money to spend. His rewards will come and he knows it. Any other manager would be buckling by now.

He's such a coward.

Hiding behind "the experienced players", how can he possibly play 2 players who've proven that they have nothing to offer over giving someone a chance who'll be absolutely desperate to impress.

Playing crap players so he can say how poor the squad is instead of finding solutions the fat kopite.
Fully agree, he’s not doing himself any favours!

Status
Not open for further replies.