2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
56F52201-553A-4322-9165-15098C88681D.jpeg

Aside from his questionable refusal to take Rondon off, I'm honestly struggling to understand what changing the manager would do. This team has shown consistently that they crumble at the first sign of pressure, the squad is paper thin at the best of times - let alone with our current injury list. The squad needs a major overhaul, the coaching staff needs a major overhaul and the strategy of the club needs a complete rethink.

But, a few more performances like today, at home, and he'll be gone. Moshiri will cow to fan pressure.
Complete nonsense.

Same bunch of players that won us a derby last season at Anfield, etc

I mean I agree, but the actual issues are at the top of the club and they filter down.

I'm not Benitez out. I don't think he should have ever been here because I think he's a bit crap. But we're crap, we're a crap club more arsed about virtue signalling at PL board meetings than trying to win things.

Don’t give a toss, not in the slightest. We won a game against Nat Phillips and Jordan Henderson as a centre back pairing in front of empty seats, big wow, yeah not arsed. Horrible group of rats, they make me sick.

Be honest, with DCL and Rico available we looked competitive in nearly every game, the football was a lot more exciting than under Carlo

Aside from his questionable refusal to take Rondon off, I'm honestly struggling to understand what changing the manager would do. This team has shown consistently that they crumble at the first sign of pressure, the squad is paper thin at the best of times - let alone with our current injury list. The squad needs a major overhaul, the coaching staff needs a major overhaul and the strategy of the club needs a complete rethink.

But, a few more performances like today, at home, and he'll be gone. Moshiri will cow to fan pressure.
Not when it will cost him millions, he won't. This is Moshiri's pick. Changing a manager after a few months at the first sign of jeopardy is a recipe for disaster. There isn't a manager in the world that will get a consistent tune of of the rabble that currently infests this club. We saw it with Carlo and we see it with Senor Benitez. They will get the odd melody here and there, but not consistently. A Graham Potter type is far more risky and could end in relegation. One thing I will say is that we currently have a perfect storm of mediocrity, injury, alleged sexual impropriety, and FFP restrictions that makes a relegation battle a possibility. Moshiri needs to double down on the courage of his convictions, back the manager financially in January, and sack his failed Director of Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.